- Product 181301
Furman PL-8 II Power Conditioner
- Write a Review
The Furman PL-8 II Power Conditioner is what you need to protect your valuable equipment from power spikes and sags. An advanced Series Multi-Stage P...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Superior technology for unparalleled protection and performance.
The Furman PL-8 II Power Conditioner is what you need to protect your valuable equipment from power spikes and sags. An advanced Series Multi-Stage Protection Plus (SMP+) circuit provides rock-solid, maintenance-free extreme surge suppression with zero ground contamination thanks to Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT). Unit has 8 rear-panel outlets and one front-panel outlet, a 15-amp rating with circuit breaker, retractable LED rack lights with on/off/dimmer control, BNC back panel connector for gooseneck lamp with front-panel switch, and a front-panel circuit breaker. Fits in one rack unit and comes with a 10', 14-gauge, heavy-duty power cable and 3-year limited warranty.
Furman's Series II power conditioners feature the Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP) circuit and the exclusive Linear Filter Technology (LiFT). The maintenance-free SMP surge suppression handles the most extreme transient voltage spikes are safely absorbed, clamped, and dissipated without destruction of the circuit. LiFT takes ensures optimal performance through linear filtering with no leakage to ground, protecting the audio and video quality of your signal.
Series II units have super-bright, long-life, retractable LED rack lights that produce virtually no heat and provide an extremely long life span. There is an on/off/dimmer control for the lights. A BNC back panel connector will accommodate a gooseneck lamp for rear-rack illumination. A front panel switch controls the gooseneck's operation. The Series II units occupy one rack unit space each and have a convenient front-panel mounted outlet.
A master switch controls operation of the rear outlets, and the front-panel circuit breaker can be quickly and easily reset should the unit be overloaded. The Series II conditioners come with a 10', 14-gauge, heavy-duty power cable.
- Maintenance-free surge suppression
- Series Multi-Stage Protection Plus (SMP+) circuit with extreme voltage shutdown
- LiFT (Linear Filtering Technology) with zero ground contamination
- 8 rear-panel outlets and one front-panel outlet
- 15 amp rating, with circuit breaker
- Retractable LED rack lights with on/off/dimmer control
- BNC back panel connector for gooseneck lamp with front-panel switch
- Master switch control of rear outlets
- Front-panel circuit breaker
- One rack unit space
- 10', 14-gauge, heavy-duty power cable
- 3-year limited warranty
- Dimensions: 1.75" H x 19" W x 10.5" D
- Weight: 11 lbs. (5 kg)
- Construction: Steel chassis, .125" brushed and black anodized aluminum front panel; glass epoxy printed circuit boards
- Current rating: 15 amps
- Operating Voltage: 90 to 140 VAC
- Over Voltage Shutdown: 140 VAC typically
- Voltmeter Accuracy: PL-PLUS II only: ±2 VAC, calibrated with internal trimpot adjustments
- Spike Protection Modes: Line to neutral, zero ground leakage
- Spike Clamping Voltage: 188 VAC peak @ 3,000 Amps, 133 VAC RMS (tested to UL-1449 and USA/CIDA A-1-1, 6,000 VAC @ 3,000 Amps)
- Response time: 1 nanosecond
- Maximum surge current: 6,500 amps
- Noise attenuation: 10dB @ 10kHz, 40dB @ 100kHz, 100dB @ 10MHz”Linear attenuation curve
- from 0.05-100 Ohms line impedance
- Power consumption: 6W
- Safety Agency Listings: CE, NRTL-C
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
I got this unit because of a hum I was getting from my P.A. and my recorder. This unit did not get rid of all the hum but it sure cut it down. All in all it does what it says.
Some venues we play in are in newly wired facilites, following to the 'T' the NEC wiring standards. Some are in the "two wire" era when Bob the Electrician did the work as a favor to someone. Question is, can you replace all your equipment for the $130 this unit cost? You're playing and this nice little 150 volt spike comes down the neutral leg of the building power (eg. Bob was doing some add-on wiring or someone plugs in a shorted motor). No protection = your hosed. I love the LED lights this unit has as well. They use 2 colors that makes everything very visiable at night. I have also called Furman customer support for questions and have gotten straight answers on the capabilites of thier units. This unit is the minimum for any decent protection at all. The previous Merit units do not have the same minimum protection level. It's just basic equipment for any rack worthy of using over time.