- Product 181306
Furman PM-8 II Power Conditioner with Digital Volt And Current Meters
- Write a Review
The most widely recognized and trusted name in AC power conditioning is proud to introduce the PM-8 II power conditioner featuring Furman's revolutio...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Protects sensitive recording and production equipment with durable and ultraprecise circuitry.
The most widely recognized and trusted name in AC power conditioning is proud to introduce the PM-8 II power conditioner featuring Furman's revolutionary SMP+ technology. Furman's Series Multi-Stage Protection Plus (SMP+) circuit features our exclusive Linear Filter Technology (LiFT) and Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS) and a high current TVZ-MOV. Together; these technologies comprise what is, without question, the world's most advanced and comprehensive transient voltage surge suppressor.
SMP+ (Series Multi-Stage Protection Plus)
Furman's SMP+ surge suppression virtually eliminates service calls. Traditional surge suppression circuits sacrifice themselves when exposed to multiple transient voltage spikes, requiring the dismantling of your system, and repair of your surge suppressor. Not so with SMP+. With Furman's SMP+, damaging transient voltages are safely absorbed, clamped and dissipated - no sacrificed parts, no service calls, no down time.
Unique to Furman's SMP+ is its unparalleled clamping voltage, even when tested beyond the grueling specifications of - USA/CIDA's A-1-1 test. While other designs offer clamping voltages that are well above 300VAC peak (far beyond long accepted professional standards), Furman's SMP+ clamps at 188VAC peak, 133 VAC RMS even when tested with multiple 6000VAC - 3000 Amp surges! This unprecedented level of protection is only available with Furman's SMP+ technology.
LiFT (Linear Filtering Technology)
Unfortunately, traditional AC filter/conditioners have been designed for unrealistic laboratory conditions. Prior technologies could actually harm audio and video performance more than they help, due to the resonant peaking of their antiquated, non-linear designs. Under certain conditions, these designs can actually add more than 10 dB of noise to the incoming AC line! Worse still, lost digital data, the need to reboot digital presets, or destroyed digital converters are frequently caused by excessive voltage spikes and AC noise contaminating the equipment ground. Furman's SMP+ with LiFT takes another approach, ensuring optimal performance through linear filtering and no leakage to ground.
E.V.S. (Extreme Voltage Shutdown)
Furman's trusted overvoltage circuitry protects against all too frequent accidental connections to 208 or 240VAC by shutting off the incoming power until the overvoltage condition is corrected.
Retractable LED lights
Furman's signature pull-out LED light tubes provide long lasting, low heat, discrete illumination for your equipment rack. A front panel dimmer knob allows you to control the brightness of the lights.
Rear Panel BNC Connector
For rear panel illumination, a BNC connector is provided for connection of any standard gooseneck lamp, such as the Furman GN-LED or GN-I (sold seperately).
Front Panel LED Voltmeter
A digital LED voltmeter displays incoming AC line voltage with laboratory accuracy (±1.5 VAC).
Front Panel True RMS Current Meter
An additional digital LED displays AC current draw with laboratory accuracy regardless of load reactance, inductance or resistance (±0.1 amp).
- SMP+ provides the highest level of protection available
- LiFT significantly reduces AC line noise
- E.V.S. protects equipment from dangerous overvoltage conditions
- Zero ground contamination circuitry assures delivery of pure AC
- BNC connector on the rear panel allows connection of any standard gooseneck lamp
- Front panel digital LED meter displays incoming AC line voltage (±1.5 VAC)
- Additional front panel digital LED displays true RMS current draw
- Eight rear panel outlets and one front panel outlet
- 15 amp rating, with circuit breaker
Order now and put your power problem nightmares down for a ten count.
PM-8 II Power Conditioner with Digital Volt And Current Meters
- Dimensions: 1.75"H x 19"W x 10.5"D
- Weight: 11 lbs. (5 kg)
- Construction: Steel chassis, .125" brushed and black anodized aluminum front panel; glass epoxy printed circuit boards
- Current rating: 15 amps
- Operating Voltage: 90 to 140 VAC
- Over Voltage Shutdown: 140 VAC typically
- Voltmeter Accuracy: PL-PLUS II only: ±2 VAC, calibrated with internal trimpot adjustments
- Spike Protection Modes: Line to neutral, zero ground leakage
- Spike Clamping Voltage: 188 VAC peak @ 3,000 Amps, 133 VAC RMS (tested to UL-1449 and USA/CIDA A-1-1, 6,000 VAC @ 3,000 Amps)
- Response time: 1 nanosecond
- Maximum surge current: 6,500 amps
- Noise attenuation: 10dB @ 10kHz, 40dB @ 100kHz, 100dB @ 10MHz—Linear attenuation curve
- from 0.05 - 100 Ohms line impedance
- Power consumption: 12W