- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Furman S-5500 Sequencing Power Conditioner
- Write a Review
- Product 180269
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Your audio/video components are constantly being bombarded by electromagnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency interference (RFI) through their...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Protect your sound from outside noise caused by EMI and RFI.
Your audio/video components are constantly being bombarded by electromagnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency interference (RFI) through their power cords. This contaminated power can affect audio/video equipment and will degrade the overall performance of your entire system. Common symptoms of contaminated power include pops, hisses, hums, and visual artifacts.
The Furman S-5500 power conditioner is designed to filter this noise, supply clean power to your system, and provide noise isolation between the outlet so that any noise created by an A/V component can not contaminate the power going to equipment plugged into the other outlet banks.
Complex audio/video systems may be susceptible to voltage transients generated internally at start-up/shutdown if all of the equipment is powered on or off at the same time. This can cause speaker "thumps" which are not only annoying but can also damage the speakers. The Furman S-5500 is designed to eliminate these transients by providing a "start-up" delay for the Amplifier outlets and a "shutdown" delay for the Switched Outlet Bank. This allows the components plugged into the Switched Outlet Bank to power-up and stabilize before any amplifiers, powered monitors, or powered subwoofers are turned on. This sequence is reversed during shutdown. The amplifiers, powered monitors, and powered subwoofers turn off, their power supplies drain, and then the equipment plugged into the Switched Outlet Bank is turned off.
Voltage Sense Trigger
This feature provides an ON/OFF trigger for the S-5500 using a Direct Current voltage signal. The presence of this power signal will turn on the S-5500's switched outlets. When the source component is turned off, the voltage trigger signal is also turned off and the S-5500 power conditioner's shutdown sequence is initiated. An AC adapter of the appropriate voltage, plugged into a switched outlet, may also be used if a DC trigger is not built in.
The Furman S-5500 voltage sense trigger input uses a standard 3.5mm (1/8") mini-plug jack. This jack has a built-in electrically isolated switch. If nothing is inserted into the input jack, the voltage sense is bypassed and the Power Button on the front panel has sole control of the startup/shutdown sequence. If a plug is inserted into the input jack, the front panel switch is bypassed and the voltage sense becomes the startup/shutdown trigger. Please Note: The unit needs to be plugged in, and in the powered OFF state before inserting the DC input trigger mini-plug.
Automatic Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS)
Furman's EVS power monitoring circuitry constantly monitors the AC line voltage for unsafe voltage conditions such as prolonged over-voltages and under-voltages (brownouts). These unsafe conditions pose a very dangerous threat to all electronic equipment. If the S-5500 senses an unsafe power condition, it will automatically disconnect your equipment from the power to protect equipment from damage. Once the voltage returns to a safe level, the S-5500 will automatically reconnect the power.
Catastrophic AC Surge Protection:
When the S-5500 is subjected to a high-voltage surge, its voltage output is limited to a safe level and the high levels of surge current are diverted away from the connected equipment.
• When subjected to a 6,000V (open circuit voltage) / 500A (short circuit current) surge, the S-5500 limits its voltage output to less than 330V peak. The Furman S-5500 will withstand, without damage, 20,000A surges.
• If the magnitude of the surge is greater than the capacity of the surge protection components, the S-5500's Catastrophic AC Surge Protection will disconnect your equipment in order to protect it.
Broadband Data Line Protection
Furman's Broadband Data Line Protection provides application specific protection for your Broadband Data Line equipment. Two lines of protection are provided in each bank. The jacks are not labeled In and Out. The circuitry is bidirectional in both signal transmission and protection capabilities, making it compatible with the latest Broadband Data technologies.
Telephone Line Protection
The S-5500 also provides surge protection for this line. One pair of RJ-11 telephone jacks is provided for telephone lines. The circuitry utilizes auto-resetting PTCRs and solid state SIDACtors for reliability and extraordinary protection. The clamping level of the S-5500 power conditioner's telephone protector is 260 volts. This will allow typical ring voltage (90 - 130VAC) and operating battery voltage (-48DC) to pass through the circuit and still protect the modem on your Broadband Data Lines from damage.
- Sequential Startup/Shutdown for avoiding voltage transients
- Voltage sense trigger
- EVS power monitoring circuitry
- Catatastrophic AC surge protection
- Broadband data line protection
- Telephone line protection
- Power LED indicators
- Wiring OK LED
- Digital voltmeter
- Unsafe voltage indicator
- Convenience outlet
- Meter dimmer
- Ground lug
- Circuit breaker
- 3 outlet banks
- 2 broadband banks
- 4 LAN/Phone jacks
- One telephone patch cord
- Rack mount bracket kit
- Power cord
- Two coaxial cables
- Line Voltage: 120V, 60Hz
- Total Current Capacity: 15A
- UL1449 Suppression Rating: 330V
- Initial Clamping Level: 200V
- Energy Dissipation: 1815 Joules
- Peak Impulse Current: 73,000 Amps
- Catastrophic Surge Circuit
- Thermal Fusing
- Over-voltage shutoff: 142 VAC ±5 VAC
- Under-voltage shutoff: 90 VAC ±3VAC
- Banks 1 & 2: 90db, 100kHz — 2MHz
- Bank 3, High Current Outlets: 60db, 100kHz - 2MHz
- Clamping Level: 75V
- Frequency Range: 0MHz - 2.2GHz
- Insertion Loss < 0.5dB
Connections: Female "F", Gold-plated
- Clamping Level: 8V ±2V
- Jacks: RJ-45
- Wires Protected: 4-Wires, Pins 1, 2, 3 & 6
- Fuseless/Auto-resetting: Yes
- Clamping Level: 260V
- Capacitance: 30pf (approx.)
- Suppression Modes: Metallic & Longitudinal
- Jacks: RJ-11
- Wires Protected: 2-Wire, Pins 4 & 5
- Jacks: 3.5mm (1/8") mini-plug
- Voltage and Polarity: 3 - 24V DC, bidirectional
- Current Requirement: 4.6 mA @3V, 58 mA @24V