- J18456 000000000 J18456000000000
65amps Colour Bender Germanium Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
The Colour Bender by 65amps is a fantastic evolution of another one of the most popular pedals from the 1960s; the "Bender" circuit made famous by Ji...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The heavy British rock distortion of the late '60s and early '70s without the colour you don't want.
The Colour Bender by 65amps is a fantastic evolution of another one of the most popular pedals from the 1960s; the "Bender" circuit made famous by Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, and many others. Recreating the Holy Grail tones of '60s and '70s Germanium pedals but with enhancements derived from 65amps diligent, decade-long research into components, build quality, and endless pursuit of improvement.
The Colour Bender will surprise you with its modern attention to build quality, noise floors and sensitivity, all the while delivering the classic sounds you've sought for decades. The classic Bender offers two distinct modes - classic wild Germanium distortion of the stock circuit and an adjusted mode that accommodates modern guitars and amps. The classic Tone Bender circuit is in many cases too wild and gainy for modern high-output pickups and higher gain amps, but 65 has made the natural adjustment so that modern players can enjoy the fantastic voice of this classic circuit. Lastly, there is a notch filter or "Colour" switch that allows for a midrange emphasis that really make your guitar jump out of the mix.
Made with Premium Germaniun Transistors and amp parts, not pedal parts, the Colour Bender is a step forward in the modernization and improvement of classic designs. The utilization of amp parts used in all 65amps instead of pedal parts add elements of tone, dynamics and quality that makes the Colour Bender a typically overbuilt 65 product.
If you're looking for the classic '60s and '70s Germanium voice without all the wildness and noise of those old pedals, the Colour Bender will suit your needs perfectly.
- 3 x Premium Germanium Transistors
- Coupling Caps: SoZo
- Resistors: Allen Bradley Carbon Comps and Vishay Dale Metal Films
- 2-way "Colour" switch that notches midrange frequencies
- 2-way "Hi/Lo" switch to adjust global gain level
- "Level" knob that adjusts the output of the Germanium Transistor
- "Attack" knob that adjusts the level of distortion in the circuit
- Power in 9VDC
- Internal 9VDC Battery (non Alkaline battery preferred)
- External 9VDC direct (Germanium is reverse polarity is not happy in a series "chain" power supply)
Add this high-quality distortion to your pedal board with a quick call or click today! œ
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.