- J08575 000000000 J08575000000000
65amps Colour Boost Germanium Transistor Guitar Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
The Colour Boost by 65Amps is a fantastic evolution of one of our favorite pedals from the 1960s - the Germanium Treble Booster. The Colour Boost rec...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Classic '60s and '70s Germanium voice without all the wildness and noise of those old pedals.
The Colour Boost by 65Amps is a fantastic evolution of one of our favorite pedals from the 1960s - the Germanium Treble Booster. The Colour Boost recreates the Holy Grail tones of '60s Germanium pedals but with enhancements derived from 65amps diligent, decade long research into components, build quality and endless pursuit of improvement.
The Colour Boost will surprise you with its modern attention to build quality, noise floors and sensitivity, all the while delivering the classic sounds you've sought for decades. This classic treble booster design offers two distinct features - classic Germanium distortion when pushed and the elusive "Ticket to Ride" clean tone when your guitar volume is rolled back. There's no better way to the British Invasion super chime that is so hard to nail - The Colour Boost hits it perfectly. In addition to the original treble booster design, 65 has added a four-position voicing knob that utilizes the premium coupling capacitors from SoZo that 65 uses in all their amps.
Made with Premium Germanium transistors and amp parts, not pedal parts, the Colour Boost is a step forward in the modernization and improvement of classic designs. Utilizing the same amp parts used in all 65amps, instead of pedal parts, adds elements of tone, dynamics and quality that makes the Colour Boost a typically overbuilt 65 product.
- Classic '60s and '70s guitar tone
- NKT 274 Premium Germanium Transistor
- Modern appointments like SoZo coupling caps, Allen Bradley carbon comps and Vishay Dale metal films
- 4 way "Voice" that notches midrange frequencies
- "Gain" that adjusts the output of the Germanium Transistor
Get yours today!
- Internal 9VDC Battery (non Alkaline battery preferred)
- External 9VDC direct. Germanium is reverse polarity is not happy in a series "chain" power supply.
- Dimensions: 3-¾" x 4-3/4" x 2-¾"
- Weight in box: 1.25 lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.