- #K36149 000001000 K36149000001000
Ashdown ABM-1200-EVO IV 1,200W Tube Hybrid Bass Amp Head
- Write a Review
Immediately identifiable on stages around the world thanks to its glowing VU meter, the Ashdown ABM has been a firm favorite with professional giggin...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Massive power and versatility in a portable head.
Immediately identifiable on stages around the world thanks to its glowing VU meter, the Ashdown ABM has been a firm favorite with professional gigging bass players for the best part of 20 years.
Now in its fifth incarnation, ABM EVO IV pairs class-leading preamp sophistication with uprated powerhouse performance and an all-new 9-band EQ - available in three head versions, two are rated at 600W and one at 1200W.
The ABM 1200 EVO IV teams the ABM preamp with a gut-rumbling 1200W power stage.
Variable Valve Drive Plus
Our Variable Valve Drive preamp section has also been upgraded in EVO IV. Delivering more current to the 12AX7 tube enables more drive and harmonic content than ever before, enabling players to dial in a sound from pristine clean, to the fattest, fullest bass overdrive currently available.
The Drive level can be preset and kicked in and out via footswitch, providing access to a huge range of clean, warm and overdriven tones.
The Best EQ in the Business
Bassists plugging into EVO IV will be greeted straight away by the flickering of the new Input VU meter, allowing them to quickly find the sweet spot for their instrument. From there, EVO IV features a sophisticated 9-band EQ, with familiar Bass, Middle and Treble controls and six sliders providing precision cut and boost at 100Hz, 180Hz, 340Hz, 1.3KHz, 2.6KHz and 5KHz. The EQ can be switched in via footswitch taking the player from a flat fretless sound to their favorite EQ setting instantly. The NEW 9-band EQ is a revelation of sonic perfection and will surprise older ABM users.
Designed to be as simple to use as a 3-band EQ but offer outstanding tonal shaping options, the ABM EQ features familiar Bass, Middle and Treble rotary controls and two triplets of additional sliders.
With the sliders set in the center position the three knobs function just like a classic 3-band EQ. But if you require more flexibility, the additional sliders allow you to fine tune the EQ in the regions the standard controls can't reach, providing a huge range of variation and allowing you to tailor the perfect sound for any gig.
The EQ can be switched in via footswitch taking you from a flat fretless sound to your favorite EQ setting instantly.
Other ABM favorite features are retained in EVO IV, including Ashdown’s famous One Knob Dynamic Compressor sub octave note for huge bass tones. Kick it in and this simple to use, great sounding compressor delivers a powerful, even sound, guaranteed to help your bass fill out any mix.
Once heard – never forgotten. The ABM Sub-Harmonic generator adds an octave below the notes being played bringing fullness to any bass part. The Sub level is independently controllable, letting you dial in anything from a subtle hint of deep bass to a full-on subterranean funk.
Paired with our FS-4 footswitch (not included) the ABM comes alive for onstage use, enabling on-the-fly tonal gearshifts. With footswitchable Valve Drive, Compression, EQ and Sub Harmonic Generator, ABM puts dozens of sound combinations at your feet, without so much as an effect pedal in sight.
Not that you'd expect any less, ABM is loaded with connectivity. A tuner output, Line out, transparent FX loop and a Line Input for the connection of an external sampler or sound source. Output muting cuts the signal from the DI output but leaves the tuner output 'live', allowing the player to tune up in silence.
- 1200-watt bass amplifier head for all your gigging needs
- Powerful 9-band EQ with Bass, Middle, Treble, and 6 sliders (100Hz, 180Hz, 340Hz, 1.3KHz, 2.6KHz, and 5KHz) shapes your sound
- Hybrid solid-state and 12AX7 tube preamp
- Built-in compressor, tuner output, and effects loop
- Ashdown sub-harmonic generator accurately tracks your main signal and reproduces it an octave lower
- DI output with XLR connection
- Input level VU meter
Call or click to order today!
- Power: 1,200W (2x600W)
- Tube: one 12AX7 (preamp)
- Single channel
- Single input with passive/active switch
- Impedance: 4 ohm minimum per side
- Controls: 9-band EQ, drive level, compression, sub harmonics, flat/shape switch, pre/post EQ switch, mute switch, output
- FX loop
- Built-in compressor
- Tuner output
- DI XLR output
- Input level VU meter
- Outputs: four 1/4 in. / Speakon
- Line out
- Dimensions: 24 x 6.5 x 14.17 in.
- Weight: 46 lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.