- K36330 000000000 K36330000000000
Bad Cat Unleash V2 Re-Amplifier and Power Attenuator
- Write a Review
Back in 2012 when Bad Cat released the original Unleash, it was the first device of it’s kind. The worlds first re-amplifier booster / attenuator. Th...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Transform your rig into the ultimate setup for practice, stage and studio.
Back in 2012 when Bad Cat released the original Unleash, it was the first device of it’s kind. The worlds first re-amplifier booster / attenuator. This Unleash would take any amplifier from 1 to 100 watts and transparently attenuate or boost the signal. With the Unleash any amp could go from whisper quiet in the bedroom, to 100 plus blaring watts in the club.
Now Bad Cat has released the first upgrade of it’s original groundbreaking device. The Unleash V2. Improvements include , switchable input impedances, for 4,8 and 16 ohm amp outputs. Silent recording switch, and headphone output. The general operations of the device include:
The Unleash V2 is very simple to use in application. To boost, plug the speaker output of your low wattage amp into the unleash input and the output of the unleash into a speaker cabinet. Set the input impedance to match the output of your amplifier. Now you have your favorite small wattage amp with the tone intact and 100 watts of available power.
How often have you wound up the gain on your 100 watt fire breather, rolled back the volume on your attenuator and hit the front end with a booster and got nothing? It just got dirtier with no appreciable boost in volume. With The Unleash you have boost to spare without changing the tone that you took so long to dial in. Having two channels to switch between affords the ultimate clean boost. Try putting an EQ in the effects loop and the tonal shaping options expand.
The unleash V2 leaves your tone intact like no attenuator that has come before it. The reactive load circuitry fools the tube amps output section into thinking it is still reacting with a speaker cabinet. It will bloom and squash just as if you are plugged into your cab.
The unleash V2 has an effects loop. The effect is sitting post tube power amp and in the position to deliver a studio like effect to your live sound. Try placing an EQ after your favorite amp and open all kinds of tonal possibilities.
Silent Record/Direct Out
The unleash come with a direct out to record or send to a board. Silent record switch disengages the Unleash speaker output . The Unleash V2 Reactive load circuitry will act as a cabinet for your tube amp , you won’t need to plug your amp into a cab. This feature is useful for those late night recording sessions.
Foot switch (available separately) The foot switch allows you to have two volume controls, which can be switched back and forth with any single button channel switch pedal.
Call or click to order today!
- Power: 1W to 100W
- Two foot-switchable channels
- Effects Loop
- Reactive Load Input (patent pending). Pushes back like a real speaker so tube amps behave naturally and don't experience the strain of common load boxes and attenuators.
- Adjustable input impedance for 4, 8, 16 ohm guitar amplifiers
- Two speaker outputs with variable impedance to pair 4, 8, or 16 ohm loads
- Speaker phase switch
- Silent operation switch
- Error-proof circuit protection to guard against improper cable connection
- 1/4" line out and headphone jack with "Bad Cat Celestion" speaker simulation
- Dimensions: 5.5 W x 5.5 H
- Weight: 4.5 lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.