- Product J01421
Budda Alex Skolnick Preceptor 120W Tube Guitar Amp Head
- Write a Review
With three completely independent channels, a 120-Watt power section driven by four EL-34 tubes, and a preamp consisting of seven dual triode 12AX7 t...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
All the way clean to high gain and between.
With three completely independent channels, a 120-Watt power section driven by four EL-34 tubes, and a preamp consisting of seven dual triode 12AX7 tubes, theAlex Skolnick AS Preceptor also features dual 5U4 rectifier tubes and a solid-state rectifier. Budda's patent-pending PowerPan(tm) variable rectification control allows players to open uncharted tone territory by selecting tube rectification, diode rectification, or anywhere between the two.
All three of the AS Preceptor's independant channels - Clean, Rhythm and Lead - include separate three-band EQ, Reverb, Resonance, Presence, and true bypass effects loop with send and return levels. Each channel also features OVER-BOOST(tm), a stompbox-style lead boost that engages an additional tube-driven gain circuit to give players a supercharged boost. The effects loop on channel 2 can also be used as a global loop for incredible versatility in effects routing.
Perhaps best known as the guitarist for the multi-platinum band Testament, Alex Skolnick is a stylistically versatile player, performing in a variety of other projects including his jazz trio, The Alex Skolnick Trio, as well as a forthcoming world music project, Planetary Coalition. The new Budda AS Preceptor suits his demanding requirements.
- Separate effects loops on each channel with send and return level adjustments Channel 2's loop can be used as global loop
- High and low level 1/4" inputs
- Rear panel impedance selector
- Massive custom designed output transformer
- Separate resonance & presence controls on each channel
- Three channels, clean, rhythm and lead
- Stores nine custom presets, and provides extensive MIDI control for automation
- Slave output plus Power-amp input/Pre-amp output
- 4xEL34 120w power section, 7x12AX7 preamp section and 2 5U4 rectifier tubes for rectifier tube failure back-up
- Specially designed 10-button multi-function footcontroller (included)
- Rectifier can use 5U4, 5A4 or GZ34 tubes
- High quality audio grade resistors and poly caps throughout
- Ceramic tube sockets
- LED indication of correct output tube biasing
- Silent LDR MIDI channel switching
- MIDI control over channel switching with MIDI IN/THROUGH jacks
- Power amp can use 6L6Gc or EL34 tubes (plus KT66, KT88 5881 and 6CA7 with re-biasing)
- 'Overboost' feature on each channel
- Patent pending PowerPan rectifier selector knob
- Footswitchable Master Boost with user defined boost level
- Separate spring reverb control on each channel
Cover all of your tonal ground. Order today.
Alex Skolnick Preceptor 120W Tube Guitar Amp Head
- Power amp section
Tubes: Four EL34 tubes with 12AX7 phase splitter / driver
Rated power and impedance: 100 Watts RMS into 16, 8 or 6 Ohms
Power @ clipping: (typically @ 5% THD, 1 kHz, 120 VAC line)
100 Watts RMS into 16, 8 or 4 Ohms
Frequency response: +/-3 dB, 50Hz to 20kHz @ 90 Watts RMS into 8 Ohms
Hum and noise: Greater than 76dB below rated power
Power and consumption: Domestic: 300 Watts, 50/60 Hz, 120 V AC Export: 300 Watts, 50/60Hz, 220-230/240 V AC
Tubes: Six 12AX7 tubes
With controls set at:
All EQ controls mid way
Channel Volumes @ maximum
Master Volume @ half way
Boost on and @ maximum
Resonance and Presence control @ mid way
Effects loops off
Nominal levels are with Gain @ mid way
All levels increased by 10dB if using Medium input.
Ch 1: Nominal input level: -12dBu, 200mV RMS
Ch 2: Nominal input level: -46dBu, 4mV RMS
Ch 3: Nominal input level: -58dBu, 1mV RMS
Impedance: 100k Ohms Minimum Input Sensitivity: -12dBu, 0.18mV RMS Maximum Input Sensitivity: +10dBu, 2.5V RMS
Power amp out/preamp in:
Nominal output level: +4dBu, 1.2V RMS Load impedance: 1k Ohms or greater
Minimum Input Sensitivity: 0dBu, 0.775V RMS (with Master on max) Maximum Input Sensitivity: +6dBu, 1.6V RMS (with Master on half)
Input impedance: 250k Ohms
Maximum output level: +22dBu, 10V RMS (at full power) Load impedance: 10k Ohms or greater
Special ten-button metal footswitch with LED indicators and detachable cord (supplied). Selects between three channels, Over-Boost, three effect loops, Reverb, and Master Boost as well as nine Preset modes.
System hum and noise @ nominal level:
(Clean channel “ 20Hz to 20kHz unweighted) Greater than 74dB below rated power
Specifically designed bass, mid & treble passive-type EQ on each preamp channel. Resonance and Presence damping EQ on each channel.
Dimensions and weight:
11.5 H x 28.25 W x 11.25 D
Weight Unpacked: 59.30 lb(26.9 kg)
Weight Packed: 73.85 lb(33.5 kg)
Width Packed: 18.25"(46.355 cm)
Height Packed: 32"(81.28 cm)
Depth Packed: 14.5"(36.83 cm)