- Product J01425
Budda Verbmaster 1x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp
- Write a Review
Budda Amplification proudly announces the return of the Budda Verbmaster guitar amplifier. Originally launched by Budda in the 1990s, this faithful r...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Combo amp that was built to play loud.
Budda Amplification proudly announces the return of the Budda Verbmaster guitar amplifier. Originally launched by Budda in the 1990s, this faithful reissue brings back the genuine, tube-driven spring reverb and expressive tone that captivated a generation of guitar players.
The Budda Verbmaster is made to be played loud, with a 12AX7-based preamp and EL84/5U4 power amp providing rich harmonic tones and dynamic gain interplay. An extra tube stage on the High Gain input overdrives the preamp, increasing the tonal range of the Verbmaster. The Verbmaster is completely hand wired in the U.S.A. using high-grade audio components, with a straightforward feature set in an 18-watt, 1x12 combo format.
The amplifier's namesake vintage spring reverb, driven by 12AT7 and 12AX7 tubes, is divided into two settings--nicknamed "Sand" and "Surf"--and features a global level control that governs the amount of effect added to the mix for both settings. The "Sand" reverb setting has a high-frequency rolloff with a low dwell, while "Surf" has a decidedly sparkly top end and higher dwell. The reverb also includes a bypass.
The Verbmaster's control panel includes a single Volume control, highly responsive Treble and Bass controls, and two separate inputs--Normal and Hi Gain--that feed separate tube stages for a multitude of gain characteristics. The Normal input offers a lively palette of sweet, smooth tone that cleans up well, while the Hi Gain input delivers a surprising amount of gain and overdrive that can be dialed back by trimming down the guitar's volume control.
A Slave Output is connected in parallel to the speakers and sends a padded, non-powered signal that can be used as a direct output for live or studio recording, while a separate, powered Speaker Output can be connected to a specially tuned Budda extension cabinet, or another loudspeaker enclosure with the proper impedance rating. The Slave level controls the level of the output from the Slave Output to avoid overdriving the input of your slave amp or effects unit.
- Completely hand wired in the U.S.A.
- Point-to-point hand-wired power section and turret-board preamp section
- Two high-grade EL84 power tubes
- Three high-grade 12AX7 preamp tubes
- One high-grade 12AT7 reverb driver tube
- 5U4 rectifier tube
- Class AB power section
- Cascading preamp design
- Custom-wound transformer
- Two-position, tube-driven spring reverb with level (footswitchable)
- Large, four-spring metal reverb pan
- Normal and High Gain inputs
- Treble, Bass and Volume controls
- Effects loop
- Slave output and level control
- Custom-designed, USA made Budda Phat 12" loudspeaker
- Finger-jointed solid pine cabinet
- External speaker jack with impedance switch
- Heavy duty speaker cable
- Weight Packed: 55.00 lb(24.95 kg)
- Width Packed: 26.75"(67.945 cm)
- Height Packed: 27.5"(69.85 cm)
Killer tube presence, classic sweet reverb. Order today.
Verbmaster 1x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp
- Type: Tube
- Power: 18 watts
- Speakers: 1 x 12' Budda Phat
- Effects: No
- Reverb: Yes
- EQ: Treble, Bass
- Preamp Tubes: 3 x 12AX7
- Power Tubes: 1 x 12AT7, 2 x EL84, 1 x 5U4 (Rectifier)
- Inputs: 2 x TS
- Outputs: 2 x TS
- Footswitch: I/O No
- Effects Loop: Yes