- Product H97142
EarthQuaker Devices Crimson Drive Germanium Overdrive
- Write a Review
The Crimson Drive is a cutting and dynamic overdrive designed around a single germanium transistor and vintage germanium diodes. It creates a very op...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
An overdrive with classic character and open, vintage tone.
The Crimson Drive is a cutting and dynamic overdrive designed around a single germanium transistor and vintage germanium diodes. It creates a very open tone with excellent harmonics and a pleasing raw grit that can't be duplicated with more common FET or opamp based overdrives. With a simple twist of the gain control, the Crimson Drive can go from a gritty Rangemaster style treble boost to a rattling overdriven sound that is reminiscent a vintage plexi style amp at full bore. Works great with single coils as well as humbuckers and has excellent clean up with your guitars volume control.
- Added Tone control
- Vintage black glass OC139 germanium transistors and germanium diodes
- Lower noise floor and improved power filtering
- Drive: Controls the amount of gain
- Tone: Rolls off high end by turning counter clockwise
- Level: Controls the output
Let the airwaves run red.
- Measures: 4.37³ X 2.37³ X 1.75³ with knobs
- Power: A standard 9 volt DC power supply intended for musical instruments with a negative center 2.1mm barrel. We strongly recommend a high quality power supply with isolated outputs and good filtering to avoid unwanted noise. Will also run off a 9v battery for you olde tymee types.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Compact Design
- Good Selection Of Effects
- Amateur Recording
Comments about EarthQuaker Devices Crimson Drive Germanium Overdrive:
Fantastic pedal. It might get some feedback if you use a power supply, so I would recommend a 9V battery. Other than that, great pedal.