- Write a Review
A 1x10 beast that's purpose-built for maximum brutality.
The Engl MetalMaster 20 combo offers 20W of tube-flavored brutality built specifically for the heavy riffing and shredding solos that the metal gods demand. Featuring two channels (clean and lead), a switchable FX loop, built-in reverb, a mid-scoop switch for extra brutality, this little beast delivers the goods without overloading you with knobs and switches — or backache. Plus, with power attenuation from 20W to 5W to 1W or speaker mute for silent recording, this potent, portable combo is just as capable on the stage, the studio or in bedroom practice.
Whether you're into a '70s hard rock, '80s shred, modern-day drop tuning or anything in between, the MetalMaster handles it with ease.
- Power: 20W (tube)
- Tubes: two 12AX7 (preamp); two EL84 (power amp)
- Attenuation: 20W, 5W, 1W, speaker mute
- Two channels
- Single input
- Speaker: 1x10 Celestion G10N-40
- Impedance: 8, 16 ohms
- Controls: 3-band EQ, clean gain, lead gain, lead volume, master, reverb, mid scoop, clean lead boost
- Built-in reverb
- Switchable FX loop
- Frequency-compensated balanced line out
- Made in Germany
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Use
- Poor Sound Quality
- Amateur Recording
- Home Studio
Comments about Engl MetalMaster 20W 1x10 Tube Guitar Combo Amp with Reverb:
I have an ENGL Powerball II going through an EVH-4x12 cab and I decided I wanted something very portable for jamming and practicing. After over a month of trying to get this dialed in, it simply will not happen. The gain sounds like a "digital" gain or a typical distortion pedal. The power tap is okay but the sound quality of this is not what you are expecting. It does not sound like a tube amp at all and you will be very disappointed if you are used to some high end tube amps. I have tried running this through my EVH cab and though it sounds marginally better you can still hear that cheap brittle distortion sound.