- Write a Review
Gorgeous tube tone inspired by George Benson.
Inspired by one of the world’s foremost jazz guitarists, George Benson, the all-tube GB Twin Reverb amp produces rich, punchy tone with smooth attack and singing sustain. Dignified looks and refined sound combine with lighter weight in this dream stage amp. Benson demands punch, power and tonality from his equipment, and this dual-channel combo delivers all three with soul to spare.
The GB Twin Reverb is an updated version of the venerable classic amplifier that has been tweaked to satisfy Benson’s discerning ears. The first tube on the Normal channel has been swapped for a 12AY7 tube, providing an alternate low-gain voice that’s ideal for smooth clean tone with complex midrange. Pristine definition is the name of the game with this amp—a pair of neodymium 12” 8-ohm Jensen® Tornado 12 speakers reproduces
his dynamic attack, with shimmering highs and plenty of bite when overdriven. These speakers’ reduced weight, plus the addition of a resonant solid pine cabinet, means that working guitarists can enjoy a total weight reduction of 13 pounds.
A quartet of powerful 6L6 power tubes power this amp, providing 85 watts of power with plenty of headroom for clean jazz tones. As refined as the music that inspired it, the GB Twin Reverb’s elegant smoky gray vinyl covering, silver sparkle grille cloth and front panel GB badge combine to create a dignified amplifier that
looks equally at home in the living room or under stage lights. Sharp style and warm, round tone mixed with a surplus of sonic power and easy portability—the GB Twin Reverb is a player’s delight. Includes a protective cover.
- Power: 85W (tube)
- Tubes: three 12AX7, one 12AY7, two 12AT7 (preamp); four 6L6 (power amp)
- Two channels: Normal, vibrato
- Four inputs
- Speakers: 2x12 Jensen Tornado
- Impedance: 4 ohms
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.