- H89524 000000000 H89524000000000
Fulltone Secret Frequency Overdrive/Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
This is the Fulltone "Secret Frequency. "Secret Freq." for short. Although it does the gig-friendly clean boost and OD thing as good as any, it goes ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
An Overdrive/Distortion pedal that can handle regular distortion duties and beyond.
This is the Fulltone "Secret Frequency. "Secret Freq." for short. Although it does the gig-friendly clean boost and OD thing as good as any, it goes well past that when asked to, right into Rock territory while retaining a natural sound.
Dynamic asymmetrical clipping gives the Secret Freq. a sweet, musical clean boost, juicy overdrive, and rich, touch responsive high gain sounds. Not like the PlimSoul, nothing like the OCD, and not like any other pedal, but worth the price of admission were you to use it simply as is for your "bread and butter" OD/Distortion pedal.
But the ˜Freq has WAY more tricks in its bag than your average transparent OD/Distortion... it just may knock a handful of OD/Distortions right off your 'board and straight on to Ebay thanks to another innocent looking knob labeled "Freq.".
Turn it Clockwise and the proprietary circuit adds as much as 20dB of active narrow band juicy MIDRANGE right where it does the most good. It˜s like installing a wah-wah right where the distortion is being generated. But unlike turning on your wah-wah along with a distortion pedal, with the ˜Freq. the bass and treble frequencies don't disappear. It's very unique, and not to be confused with a simple active or passive midrange control tacked on to the end of the circuit, as is the case with all other pedals you've tried with a "Mid" control. Adding the ˜Freq's midrange imparts WAY more sustain and lets you easily place the guitar in the mix where you want it, irrespective of volume... the soundman's not going to bury you anymore.
Along with a slew of basic great OD/Distortion pedal sounds, it allows you to replicate a very, very wide range of your favorite guitar & amp sounds. Remember that when the ˜Freq. knob is fully-counter-clockwise the Midrange enhancement effect is OUT of the picture and the pedal is a truly versatile and natural sounding pretty transparent OD/Distortion! At low to mid overdrive settings, turning the ˜Freq knob up a little gets hammer-of-the-Gods' penetrating PUNCH!
Turning the Freq setting to a more extreme (clockwise) setting will bring a smile to your face and evoke the coolest Jimmy Page, Brian May, Michael Schenker, Robin Trower, Tom Scholz tones that you just couldn't previously get without a bunch of studio EQ, just the right setting on a great wah-wah, or a slew of British amps. The prediction: the Secret Freq. is going to become an indispensable part of many guitarist's arsenals very soon.
- True Bypass On/Off switch
- Distortion, Volume, Freq and Highs Knob
- Input and output jack
A secret weapon for your set up. Order today!
- Input Impedance= 680K (good and high, like your guitar pickups)
- Output Impedance= as low as 10K (nice and low to so as not to load down your guitar cables or cause interference with other pedals.
- Max Voltage Gain= 60-80dBV (depending on settings, including the Freq knob)
- Current draw= 6 ma. (milliamps) which means a battery should last months, and 50ma,100ma, 200ma, 500ma, adapters are fine.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Compact Design
- Limited Selection Of Effects
- Painful To Hear
- Poor Sound Quality
- Home Studio
- Professional Recording
Comments about Fulltone Secret Frequency Overdrive/Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal:
I bought this pedal because it seemed like a great idea. I found it worked best for lead work with single coil pickups. Using humbuckers was down right painful. If the mids knob is off or at a low setting, the pedal sounds like a bad distortion pedal. If it is mid way up, it sounds better, but doesn't really give the desired effect. Any higher than that and it is painful to listen to at stage volume. Sure, it cuts through the mix, but will also cut through the audience's ear drums. I think it work work ok for studio use, but that's about it.