- Product 152175
Korg Pandora PX4A Acoustic Guitar Multi Effects Processor
- Write a Review
The Pandora PX4A Acoustic Personal Multi Effects Processor transforms sterile-sounding piezo output into deep, warm acoustic tone for great sound whe...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Put your acoustic-electric through the Pandora for a huge palette of acoustic tones and effects.
The Pandora PX4A Acoustic Personal Multi Effects Processor transforms sterile-sounding piezo output into deep, warm acoustic tone for great sound whether practicing, recording, or playing live. 82 effects include REMS modeling of the resonance and vibrational character of great acoustic guitars. Vintage and modern instruments have been modeled with painstaking detail to produce realistic, rich, and natural sound. Models also include a resonator guitar, a banjo, 12-string, and a nylon-string guitar. There's even one that simulates the drone tones of ethnic instruments such as a tambura.
There is also a full range of standard effects such as compressor, limiter, echo, delay, reverb, and chorus.
The PX4A has 50 presets and 50 user programs that allow up to 8 simultaneous effects per program. Also included is a notch filter effect for protection against feedback, plus an auto notch function that automatically detects the feedback point during performance.
Like other Pandoras, the PX4A offers an intuitive, knob-based interface and backlit LCD display. The TAP button can be used to set delay times or a rhythm pattern tempo.
A sophisticated phrase trainer can record up to 30 seconds from an external audio source for looped playback, which can then be slowed down without affecting the pitch. While in Phrase Trainer mode, you can record any of the 100 PCM-based, built-in rhythm and bass patterns and their instrument simultaneously, then practice soloing over the recorded phrase.
The aux in jack lets you play along with external audio sources, and a key transpose function allows you to shift the key of the external audio source for versatile practice. An auto chromatic tuner with a mute function is also included.
The PX4A can be powered by 4 AAA batteries for up to 10 hours of continuous use, or by an optional AC adapter.
- Numerous high-quality effects using REMS modeling technology
- 82 effect types, including mic and body effects that simulate natural acoustic resonance and miking, as well as effects that have been optimized for electric-acoustic guitars
- Notch effect setting controls acoustic feedback or howling
- Auto notch function automatically detects and eliminates feedback during performance
- 100 programs: 50 preset and 50 user
- Up to 8 effects simultaneously
- Knob-based interface for quick and intuitive editing
- Phrase Trainer function offers a great way to learn by ear or to practice soloing
- 100 rhythm and bass patterns cover a variety of styles with realistic PCM sound
- Aux in jack lets you play along with external CD, MD, or MP3 audio sources
- Key transpose lets you shift the key of an audio source that's being input
- Auto chromatic tuner also provides a mute function for silent tuning
- Semitransparent LCD illuminates the characters in inverse video when backlit
- 2-way power supply lets you use either batteries or optional AC adapter
- Effect Types:
- DYNAMICS: COMP, LIMITER, EXCITER
- MIC & BODY: C-MIC, M-LARGE, M-SMALL, G-LARGE, G-SMALL, T-LARGE, DRY, LIGHT, NYLON, STEEL, RESO, BANJO, SMALL
- MODULATION & FILTER: CHORUS1-2, 12STR, FLANG1-2, PHASER1-2, TREM1-3, AT PAN1-2, ROTARY, PITCH1-3, DRONE1-2, FILTER, FILTUP1-2, FILTDN1-2, TALK1-2, RANDOM1-2
- DELAY: SLAP1-5, DELAY1-5, PPDLY1-5, ECHO1-5, MULTI1-5
- REVERB: DRYAIR, WETAIR, ROOM1-2, PLATE1-2, HALL1-2, SPRING1-2, BRIGHT
- NOISE REDUCTION
Essential box for acoustic-electric players. You know you want to open it.
- Guitar input (1/4" jack)
- AUX (mini stereo jack)
- Line/headphone dual-purpose output (stereo phone jack)
- Tuner section:
- Detection range: 27.5 Hz-2,093 Hz (A0-C7)
- Calibration: A = 438 Hz-445 Hz
- Rhythm section:
- 40-208 bpm
- Power supply:
- 4 AAA alkaline batteries, Allows 10 hours of
- continuous use (backlight OFF),
- Allows 7 hours of continuous use (backlight ON), separately sold AC adapter (DC4.5V)
- Dimensions (W x D x H):
- 2.99" x 4.41" x 1.06"
- 76mm x 112mm x 27mm
- 0.30 lbs./138g (not including batteries)
Reviewed by 4 customers
Displaying reviews 1-4
You can get a great variety of GREAT sounds for your acoustic guitar with this device... I love it. (The "Beatles" setting sounds excellent.) A couple things however... you will want to get an AC adapter because you will be using it a lot. I do not see one on this site for one... I talked to someone in another store and they said I would probably have to go to Radio Shack to purchase one. Also, trying to find a comfortable place to place it while playing can be a challenge - you don't want to drop it. You can mount it on your guitar strap, but I found this a bit clumsy. What would be great is if they come out with a floor model with exactly the same sounds and settings - or find a guitar maker that would imbed it right into the body of a acoustic guitar. (I'll keep dreaming.)In any case, you will not be disappointed by this item.
I had planned on buying the LR Baggs Acoustic DI, but when I saw all the stuff this little box did, I had to try it and I'm totally sold. Not only is it easy to use but it includes some good drum kits that I can play along with. I also figured that it would go thru batteries quickly but I've been running on the same batteries for 4 weeks now. One suggestion - read the manual before you start pushing buttons. It's got lots of great features but you can totally get it doing something you didn't expect without knowing how to fix it. A quick read of the manual can get you doing great stuff with this product. I love it!
I love this little unit. I've only had it a week and a half, but I really love what it's capable of. The modeling and processing capabilities seem to be endless, and it fits in my guitar case.My only complaint is, it doesn't come with a power supply! It uses 4 AAA batteries, and even with the backlight turned off, the batteries have to be replaced every 4 to 6 hours of use. I play 7 to 9 shows shows each week, from 3 to 4 hours each show. At $4 for each set of 4 batteries, you can see how the PX4A can get real expensive, REAL FAST. The owner's manual doesn't come with a model number for a power supply, so I'm hoping I can find one for it.
I purchased this unit to replace a boss AD5 that finally died on me. I felt like I threw my money out buying this PX4A. For an acoustic sound I wanted something to enhance the sound not cover it up. I found the only thing of use on this was the chorus effect, everything else was too much. (I can play my les paul for that). It was difficult to take it on the road the way its designed as well, it was a real pain to use; so I replaced it with a Boss AD8 and a chorus pedal which for my use was a much better idea. I guess someone with a cheap acoustic that wants it to sound like something better may like this, or someone who can't affort an elect guitar with electric effects, but I found this unit better as a paper weight and most of the effects covered up the natural sound of the acoustic guitar rather than to enhance it.