- Write a Review
Tube combo with tremolo circuit.
The 1958X is a hand-soldered reissue of the revered 1958, 18 Watt all-valve 2 x 10³ combo. A painstakingly accurate reissue, the 1958X is a plain, straightforward amp that likes to be turned right up, overdriving its EL84 power valves; the 1958X sounds its best when cranked, producing harmonically complex and full, rich tones. But because of its lower Wattage, the 1958X will produce incredible authentic Marshall tone at a volume that won't shift your hearing. For real authenticity, the 1958X also features valve-driven Tremolo, and just like the 1973X, has no negative feedback in its cathode-biased output stage. The original Greenback speakers used in the1958 combo would mature over time, their sound softening with age. The special 10" Celestion G10F-15 Greenbacks in the 1958X have been ˜aged' to get as close as possible to that vintage, worn in, '60s vibe.
The Handwired Series of all-valve amps celebrates the legacy of more than 50 years of Marshall's influence on the sound of rock and British blues music. First launched in the late '90s, Handwired is an ongoing series which features reissues of revered, historic Marshall products. These handcrafted reissues capture in detail the authentic, legendary sound of Marshall, not only for connoisseurs and collectors, but also for a new generation of gear-savvy musicians.
- Uncompromising tone
- Impeccable build quality
- Channel switching
- Tremolo circuit
- Tube rectifier
Order today and the 60s tube tone jumps across the ages.
- Model: 1958x
- Range: handwired
- Technology: tube
- Channels: 2
- Wattage: 18w
- Inputs: 2 x 2
- Controls: tone & vol x2, speed, intensity
- Size: 2 x 10"
- Output power: 15w each
- Name: celestion g10f-15
- Impedance: 16 ohm
- Pre amp tubes: 2 x ecc83
- Power amp tubes: 1 x ecc83, 2 x el84
- Footswitch: yes
- Cables: power
- Weight: 43lbs.
- Dimensions (w x h x d): 24 x 21 x 9"
- Effects: tremolo
- Tube rectifier: 1 x ez81
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.