- Product 502675
Mesa Boogie Big Block Titan V12 1200W Bass Amp Head
- Write a Review
While many guitarists have a need for speed, bassists seem to crave power—the more the better. But power alone isn't enough. Definition, accuracy, pr...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The nexus where big power and tone meet.
While many guitarists have a need for speed, bassists seem to crave power—the more the better. But power alone isn't enough. Definition, accuracy, presence and a musical EQ are essential in getting big power to the ground so you can create a great bass sound—one that can drive the band and move the crowd.
A bigger-block version of the widely acclaimed Big Block 750 the Mesa Boogie Titan V12 bass amp head is a straightforward, easy to dial preamp of footswitchable, genre defining, bass magic. The Mesa Boogie V-12s' identical all-tube preamps can be used with one instrument to create a channel-switching platform or, can be switched to a Dual-Input, two-channel configuration for use with two separate instruments in a stage environment. Swap instruments, hit the footswitch and you're ready to go. This quick-change preamp makes the Titan a great choice for the bassist who also doubles on Key Bass, providing footswitchable hot-swap capability while wearing the stringed instrument.
A traditional wide-band harness of Treble, Mid and Bass controls is enhanced by the musically accurate shaping power of the semi-parametric Active Mid band. Mix up a sound with the sweet blend of the standard harness and fine-tune it with the frequency specific Active Mid band.
Each channel on this Mesa Boogie amplifiers serves up a dedicated Gain and Master control for the footswitchable tube Overdrive allowing you to dial in the perfect amount of tube saturation. From a soft-clip to a medium growl on up to full-blown high gain sustain—the full range is available for your exploring pleasure.
At the heart of the Big Block Titan's massive power lies the Simul-State tube-driven MOSFET technology. Every note drips with soul as it flies dynamically from the tube Inputs and Driver stage, to the fleet of 22 custom designed high-power MOSFETs. The stunning torque of this 1200-watt motor is apparent in this bass amp head's sonic footprint. Instantaneous attack, shocking clarity and the ability to late-brake and stop on a dime—even at high revs—put you out front and in charge of the time domain, letting the rest of the band thrive on your role as anchor.
So when your gig requires you to have big venue capability as you lead the rhythm section, don't take a ride that'll come up short.
- Handbuilt in Petaluma, California
- 1200 Watts @ 4 Ohms (840 Watts @ 2 Ohms, 650 Watts @ 8 Ohms), Simul-State Power with 4 or 2 Ohm impedance select switch for optimum power/load performance
- 22 Tube driven power MOSFET's, 4x12AX7
- Active/passive input switch
- Two fully independent footswitchable channels featuring Gain, Active Bass, Passive Mid, Active Mid with frequency control (adjustable from 200 Hz to 2 kHz), Active Treble, master volume, footswitchable tube over drive, and over drive level controls
- Two instrument inputs (A or B) with input selector switch (A, B or Footswitch), Output level control (over all channels)
- Footswitchable Solo Level Control
- FX Loop with true "hard" bypass switch (over all channels when activated)
- Front and rear panel tuner outputs with footswitchable or front panel amplifier mute/standby control
- Balanced XLR line out with pre/post switch, level control and ground lift
- External switching
- Jacks for channels 1 and 2, over drive channels 1 and 2, input select A and B, solo and mute
- Two Speakon, 1/4" combination speaker output jacks
- Slave out with level control
- Fan cooled
- Five-button footswitch (Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 1 Over Drive, Channel 2 Over Drive, Input A, Input B, Solo, and Mute)
Unleash the Titan and put the V-12 powerplant to work for you.