- Product 502641
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25 25W 1x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp
- Write a Review
The Mesa Boogie Express 5:25 Tube Guitar Amp features four inspiring modes from two opposite personalities spread across two fully independent channe...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Beefy tone. Compact size.
The Mesa Boogie Express 5:25 Tube Guitar Amp features four inspiring modes from two opposite personalities spread across two fully independent channels. If Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde had to share one platform, this would be it.
The Mesa Boogie tube amp gives you Clean and Blues channels for two footswitchable sounds. Or, if you're addicted to Gain, choose Crunch and Burn. Then stand back as the well-mannered soul of Dr. Jeckyll morphs into the maniacal Mr. Hyde, hardcore beast. Most important is the classic authenticity of all these iconic tones. No matter what your stylistic destination, the Mesa Boogie Express 5:25 will take you there… Fast.
Up front, that number "5" indicates the low power, single-ended magic of pure Class A. The "25" refers to the rated push-pull output. Together, these make up Duo-Class Mesa's patented new power circuit, the first to offer both single-ended and push-pull configurations in the same amplifier.
But even that's not the last stop. Each channel is further equipped with its own Contour depth control for added shaping that's both assignable and footswitchable. Used subtly, the Mesa Boogie amp's Contour adds a halo of depth and chime to gleaming clean sounds. Higher Contour settings, especially in Crunch and Burn, take you into Recto turf, tight, huge and menacing.
Two Incredible Channels, Four Fully Evolved Modes give you a boarding pass to all the classic guitar styles. The pristine, blooming Clean and tight, grinding Crunch cover the rhythm territories in Channel 1 while Channel 2 roams the wide open spaces of soloing with howling Blues and soaring Burn modes.
Both Channels on the tube amp feature Assignable / Footswitchable Contour controls that pack the sonic power of a multi-band EQ into one simple control. Blend this dynamic, bouncy circuit with the musically rich Tone controls for a sound far bigger than you've ever heard from a combo.
External Switch Jacks
Switch "tracks" remotely with the External Switch jacks where Channels, Reverb and the Contour controls can be patched to an external master switching system for remote access. The transparent series Effects Loop handles the interface to all outboard processing. Duo-Class Power Switching let's you switch the Class (operating class) and Configuration (wiring style) in tandem, giving you two dialed power-voice ranges with the flick of a switch.
- Handbuilt in Petaluma, California
- Duo-Class Power Amp allows you to select either: 1 power tube in pure Class A (single-ended) producing 5 Watts or switching to 2 power tubes in Class A/B to produce 25 Watts via a 5/25 Power Switch / 2xEL-84 and 5x12AX7
- Fixed Bias for consistent, maintenance free performance
- 2 Fully Independent Channels with 4 Style Modes (Channel 1 = Clean or Crunch, Channel 2 = Blues or Burn)
- Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Reverb, Master and Contour Controls per Channel
- Footswitchable Variable Contour Control on each channel provides the power of our 5-band graphic EQ all from 1 rotary control
- All-Tube, Long Spring Reverb
- All-Tube FX Loop External Switching Jacks for Channel 1/2, Contour 1, Contour 2, Reverb
- Amplifier Formats
- Short Chassis Head (Width 19in)
- 1x12 Combo (Open Back)
- 12" Speaker