- Product 502644
Mesa Boogie Lone Star Special 30W 4x10 Tube Guitar Combo Amp
- Write a Review
The Mesa Boogie Lone Star Special tube guitar amp features channel assignable power that allows you to assign one, two or all four EL-84's to either ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Tone as thick As west Texas crude.
The Mesa Boogie Lone Star Special tube guitar amp features channel assignable power that allows you to assign one, two or all four EL-84's to either of its two channels for independent Power Ratings of 5, 15, or 30 Watts.
Take that incredibly expressive preamp with its intuitive versatility, add the vintage magic of EL-84's running Pure Class A—and a new classic is born. Where its Big Brother boasts the huge warmth and headroom of 6L6 power, the Special delivers seductive, bubbly tone and a sensual, elastic feel. This Mesa Boogie amp is short on weight, but tall on personality.
Authentic retro-tone is all about power and the way it clips. Yet in any given amp, the sweet-spot of power clip is inseparably tied to its wattage and playing loudness. The Lone Star Special smashes this age-old limitation by offering three distinct power configurations, each with its own window of wattage: 30, 15, or 5.
You get 30W, bold and pure from all four power tubes punching through the mix and hanging with a band in mid-size venues. Fifteen watts cries the blues with sinful passion, coaxing expressive soul from an electron-soaked pair of EL-84's. Both these circuits run Pure Class A in a Push-Pull configuration. But what really makes the Lone Star amp extra special, is its ability to switch down to five watts of single-ended power bliss.
Gigging at the club, rehearsing with the band, recording in the studio… tracking at home, or simply finding inspiration late at night—the finely tuned power sections of the Lone Star Special transcend all these needs, going where no single tube guitar amp has gone before.
- Handbuilt in the Petaluma, California
- Pure Class A, Multi-Watt, Channel Assignable Power Amp allows you to assign either 1, 2 or all 4 Power Tubes to each Channel for Power Ratings of 5, 15 or 30
- Watts per Channel via independent 5/15/30 Watt Power Switches / 4xEL84, 5x12AX7, 1x5Y3
- Rectifier Tracking (5 and 15 Watt Mode = Tube, 30 Watt = Diode)
- 2 Fully Independent Channels each with Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Reverb & Master Controls
- Channel 1: Boutique Vintage Clean/Classic Breakup
- Channel 2: Clone of Ch 1 or Cascading High Gain
- Drive/Clean Switch activates Ch 2 "Drive" Control (Multi-Stage
- Cascading Gain Circuit)
- Thick/Normal/Thicker Voicing Switch (Channel 2)
- All-Tube, Long Spring Reverb with Bright/Warm Reverb Tone Switch
- Output Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- Footswitchable Solo Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- All-Tube FX Loop with Send Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- True "Hard" Bypass Switch that removes FX Loop, Output Level & Solo Level Controls from signal path
- Slave Out with Level Control
- Fan Cooled with On/Off Switch
- External Switching
- Jacks for Channels 1/2, Solo and Reverb
- All Aluminum Chassis