- Product 502672
Mesa Boogie Lone Star Special 30W Rackmount Tube Guitar Amp Head
- Write a Review
The Mesa Boogie Lone Star Special is a rackmountable Class A, EL-84 tube-powered guitar amp head. The Lone Star amplifier offers the ability to assig...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Tone as thick as West Texas crude made to fit your rack.
The Mesa Boogie Lone Star Special is a rackmountable Class A, EL-84 tube-powered guitar amp head. The Lone Star amplifier offers the ability to assign power to 1, 2 or all 4 EL-84's to either of its 2 channels for independent power ratings of 5, 15 or 30W.
Take that incredibly expressive preamp with its intuitive versatility, add the vintage magic of EL-84's running Pure Class A—and a classic Mesa Boogie amp is born.
The rackmount Lone Star Special tube amp head delivers seductive, bubbly tone and a sensual, elastic feel. The tube amplifier is short on weight, but tall on personality.
Authentic retro-tone is all about power and the way it clips. Yet in any given amp, the sweet-spot of power clip is inseparably tied to its wattage and playing loudness. The Mesa Boogie Lone Star Special smashes this age-old limitation by offering 3 distinct power configurations, each with its own window of wattage: 30, 15, or 5.
The rackmount tube amp's 30W, bold and pure from all 4 power tubes, punches through the mix and hangs with a band in mid-size venues. 15W cries the blues with sinful passion, coaxing expressive soul from an electron-soaked pair of EL-84's. Both circuits run pure Class A in a push-pull configuration. But what really makes the Lone Star Special is its ability to switch down to 5W of single-ended power bliss.
In Push-Pull circuits, the second harmonic is canceled out when the 2 halves of the waveform are recombined in the output transformer. Unlike Push-Pull, single-ended circuits preserve this most musical of all harmonics. A subtle coating of warm distortion (an octave above the note you're playing) glazes the entire spectrum with a purring, golden halo of precious nuance. The Mesa Boogie Lone Star Special tube amp is perfect for individual playing or recording.
Gigging at the club, rehearsing with the band, recording in the studio, tracking at home, or simply finding inspiration late at night, the finely tuned power sections of the Mesa Boogie Lone Star Special Combo Amp transcend all these needs—going where no single tube amp has gone before.
- Handbuilt in the Petaluma, California
- Two fully independent channels each with gain, treble, mid, bass, presence, reverb & master controls
- Channel 1=boutique vintage clean/classic breakup
- Channel 2=clone
- Of ch 1 or cascading high gain
- Drive/clean switch activates the channel 2 "drive" control (multi-stage cascading gain circuit)
- Thick/normal/thicker voicing switch (channel 2)
- All-tube, long
- Spring reverb with bright/warm reverb tone switch
- Output level control (over all channels when activated)
- Footswitchable solo level control (over all channels when activated)
- All-tube FX loop with send level control (over all channels when activated)
- True "hard" bypass switch that removes FX loop, output level & solo level controls from signal path
- Slave out w/level control
- Fan cooled with on/off switch
- External switching
- Jacks for channels 1/2, solo and reverb
- All aluminum chassis
- 2 button footswitch (channel 1/2 and solo)
Get authentic Mesa Boogie tube tone for the rich intensity you're after. ease your inner outlaw. Order your Lone Star 30 watt combo amp today!
Lone Star Special 30W Rackmount Tube Guitar Amp Head
- Pure class A, multi-watt, channel assignable power amp (patent pending) allows you to assign either 1, 2 or all 4 power tubes to each channel for power ratings of 5, 15 or 30
- Watts per channel via independent 5/15/30 watt power switches / 4xel84, 5x12ax7, 1x5y3
- Rectifier tracking (5&15 watt mode = tube, 30 watt = diode