- Product 581737
Mesa Boogie Lone Star Special 30W Tube Guitar Combo Amp
- Write a Review
The pure Class-A, EL-84 Powered Mesa Boogie Lone Star Special features channel-assignable power (patent pending) that allows you to assign 1, 2 or al...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
With channel-assignable power ratings for the versatility to fit the gig.
The pure Class-A, EL-84 Powered Mesa Boogie Lone Star Special features channel-assignable power (patent pending) that allows you to assign 1, 2 or all 4 EL-84s to either of its 2 Channels for independent power ratings of 5, 15, or 30 watts. Take that incredibly expressive preamp with its intuitive versatility, add the vintage magic of EL-84s running Pure Class A, and a classic is born.
Where its Big Brother boasts the huge warmth and headroom of 6L6 power, this Mesa Boogie amp delivers seductive, bubbly tone and a sensual, elastic feel. This Lone Star is short on weight but tall on personality.
Authentic retro tone is all about power and the way it clips. Yet in any given amp, the sweet spot of power clip is inseparably tied to its wattage and playing loudness. The Lone Star Special smashes this age-old limitation by offering 3 distinct power configurations, each with its own window of wattage: 30, 15, or 5. Perfect Power per channel—on demand.
With 30 watts, bold and pure from all 4 power tubes, the Lone Star Special punches through the mix and hangs with a band in mid-size venues. 15 watts cries the blues with passion, coaxing expressive soul from its pair of EL-84s. Both these circuits run Pure Class A in a Push-Pull configuration. But what really makes this amplifier is its ability to switch down to 5 watts of single-ended power bliss.
In push-pull circuits, the second harmonic is cancelled out when the two halves of the wave-form are re-combined in the output transformer. Unlike push-pull, single-ended circuits preserve this most musical of all harmonics. A subtle coating of warm distortion (an octave above the note you're playing) glazes the entire spectrum with a purring, golden halo of precious nuance perfect for individual playing or recording. All this bouncy Class A tone blooms naturally in the Lone Star Special's trim 1x12 speaker cab, roughly 3/4 the size of its big brother.
- Pure Class A, Multi-Watt, Channel Assignable Power Amp (Patent Pending) allows you to assign either 1, 2 or all 4 Power Tubes to each Channel for Power Ratings of 5, 15 or 30 watts per Channel via independent 5/15/30-watt Power Switches / 4xEL84, 5x12AX7, 1x5Y3
- Rectifier Tracking (5&15W Mode = Tube, 30 Watt = Diode)
- 2 Fully Independent Channels each with Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Reverb, and Master Controls
- Channel 1=Boutique Vintage Clean/Classic Breakup
- Channel 2=Clone of Channel 1 or Cascading High Gain
- Drive/Clean Switch activates Channel 2 "Drive" Control (Multi-Stage
- Cascading Gain Circuit)
- Thick/Normal/Thicker Voicing Switch (Channel 2)
- All-Tube, Long Spring Reverb with Bright/Warm Reverb Tone Switch
- Output Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- Footswitchable Solo Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- All-Tube FX Loop with Send Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- True "Hard" Bypass Switch that removes FX Loop, Output Level & Solo Level Controls from signal path
- Slave Out w/Level Control
- Fan Cooled with On/Off Switch
- External Switching
- Jacks for Channels 1/2, Solo & Reverb
- All-Aluminum Chassis
- 2-Button Footswitch (Channel 1/2 & Solo)
- Slip Cover
Order now and put the add the Lone Star Special's innovative channel-assignable power to your arsenal.