- Product 581733
Mesa Boogie Out of Production Demo Express 5:50 5/50W 2x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp
- Write a Review
The Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12 combo amp gives you true all-tube power in a big-sounding yet compact amplifer. This 50W model features 4 inspiring...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Delivers 50W of powerful, split-personality tone in a deceptively small 2x12.
The Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12 combo amp gives you true all-tube power in a big-sounding yet compact amplifer. This 50W model features 4 inspiring modes from 2 opposite tonal personalities spread across 2 fully independent channels. If Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde had to share one platform, this would be it.
For the traditionalists, select the Clean and Blues for your 2 footswitchable sounds. Or, if you're addicted to Gain, choose Crunch and Burn. Then stand back as the well-mannered soul of Dr. Jeckyll morphs into the maniacal Mr. Hyde, hardcore beast. Most important is the classic authenticity of all these iconic tones. No matter what your stylistic destination, the Mesa Boogie Express will take you there—fast.
Each channel on this Mesa Boogie amp is equipped with its own Contour depth control for added shaping that's both assignable and footswitchable. Used subtly, Contour adds a halo of depth and chime to gleaming clean sounds. Higher Contour settings, especially in Crunch and Burn, take you into Recto turf—tight, huge and menacing.
The 5:50's 2 incredible channels and 4 fully evolved modes give you a boarding pass to all the classic guitar styles. The pristine, blooming Clean and tight, grinding Crunch cover the rhythm territories in Channel 1 while Channel 2 roams the wide open spaces of soloing with howling Blues and soaring Burn modes.
Both channels feature assignable, footswitchable Contour controls that pack the sonic power of a multi-band EQ into 1 simple control. Blend this dynamic, bouncy circuit with the musically rich Tone controls for a sound far bigger than you've ever heard from a combo
External Switch Jacks
Switch "tracks" remotely with the External Switch jacks where Channels, Reverb, and the Contour controls can be patched to an external master switching system for remote access. The transparent series Effects Loop handles the interface to all outboard processing.
Patented Duo-Class Power Switching lets you switch the Class (operating class) and Configuration (wiring style) in tandem, giving you two dialed power-voice ranges with the flick of a switch.
Shipping charges apply
Only available for U.S. shipping and requires a valid U.S. billing address. Please call (866) 498-7882 for more information.
- Duo-Class Power Amp lets you select either:
- 1 power tube in pure Class-A (single-ended), producing 5 watts or
- 2 power tubes in Class-A/B to produce 50 watts via a 5/50 power switch / 2x6L6 and 5x12AX7
- Fixed Bias for consistent, maintenance-free performance
- 2 fully independent channels with 4 style modes
- Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Reverb, Master, and Contour controls per channel
- Footswitchable, variable Contour control on each channel provides the power of a 5-band graphic EQ all in 1 rotary control
- All-tube, long-spring Reverb
- All-tube FX Loop External Switching Jacks for Channel 1/2, Contour 1, Contour 2, Reverb
- 3-Button Footswitch (Channel 1/2, Reverb, Contour)
- Slip Cover
- Shipping charges apply
- Only available for U.S. shipping and requires a valid U.S. billing address
Don't be fooled by the 5:50's compact size—you'll be shocked when you hear this little monster. Order now.