- Product 502686
Mesa Boogie Rectifier Recording Rackmount Tube Guitar Preamp
- Write a Review
This all-tube, two-rackspace preamp is the latest in Mesa Boogie's legendary Rectifier line of amplifiers. This preamp is designed to replicate direc...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Don't get bogged down with hours of set up and miles of cable. This preamp is ready to rock your rack.
This all-tube, two-rackspace preamp is the latest in Mesa Boogie's legendary Rectifier line of amplifiers. This preamp is designed to replicate direct, the sound and feel of the Dual Rectifier Solo Head pushing a Rectifier 4x12 mic'd up in a good room without the power amp, speaker, and microphone. As well as great direct sounds, the Recto pre packs all the urgent authority of its forefathers into this rack format and is an equally powerful live preamp as well. When combined with its mate, the Mesa Boogie Rectifier Stereo 2:100, these two create an all-tube stereo wall of crushing Recto aggression. Six 12AX7A preamp tubes create the sic modes in the two discreet channels.
The top Clean Channel offers Clean, Fat, and Brit modes for three distinct styles of rhythm work. The Rectifier tube preamp's bottom Lead channel is comprised of the three signature sounds from the Dual and Triple Recto heads raw, vintage, and modern. A parallel effects loop with a mix control is provided to ensure tonal integrity when using outboard processing. The buffered stereo record outputs are balanced 1/4" TRS type jacks.
The live outputs are also stereo. Both record and live outputs include the Return signal from the Effects Loop, so that processing may be printed and used live simultaneously. External switch jacks are provided to access the channels and the solo feature remotely from an external MIDI controller. A triggerport for the Mesa Boogie preamp's switchable MODERN feature on the matching rectifier stereo 2:100 or stereo simul-class 2:90 poweramps is also included and ensures gain sounds will be ferocious. A two-button footswitch provides instant access to the channels and solo feature for live performance applications. Mesa Boogie also included a cool switching feature that allows you to switch between the channel 2 vintage and modern modes when the footswitch is connected, giving you 3 footswitchable sounds from a two-channel platform.
- Handbuilt in Petaluma, California
- Pure Analog "Recto Direct" Recording Circuitry (no digital modeling) / 6x12AX7
- 2 Fully Independent Channels with 6 Modes (Channel 1 = Clean, Fat or Brit; Channel 2 = Raw, Vintage High Gain or Modern High Gain)
- Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence and Master Controls per Channel
- Bright Switch and Pad Switch (Channel 1)
- Live Bright/Warm Record Voice Switch (Channel 2)
- Record Output Level Control
- "Live" Output Control (over all channels)
- Solo Level Control
- Parallel FX Loop w/Stereo Returns & Mix Control
- 1 Smart Power Function Trigger (Controls Smart Power Modes on Select MESA Power Amps — "Deep, Half Drive or Modern")
- Independent Stereo Main & Recording Outputs
- External Switching Inputs
- 2 Button Footswitch (Channel 1/2 & Soloand)
Plug straight in to the Recto Preamp and get right to the inspired playing and performance.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Use
- Excellent Sound
- Good Warmth
Comments about Mesa Boogie Rectifier Recording Rackmount Tube Guitar Preamp:
Works great though my Tech 21 Power Engine. Was apprehensive about not running it though a tube amp but no issues on that front. Great sound. Be prepared to spend some time finding it.