- Product 502647
Mesa Boogie Road King 120W 2x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp
- Write a Review
The 120W Mesa Boogie Road King Tube Amp is a neatly housed collection of 4 separate amplifiers. Just imagine the creative possibilities of combining ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A veritable dictionary of guitar sounds housed in this regal combo amplifier.
The 120W Mesa Boogie Road King Tube Amp is a neatly housed collection of 4 separate amplifiers. Just imagine the creative possibilities of combining and dedicating all those amps. Each preamp channel on the front panel has a corresponding power amp and effects loop control panel on the rear panel. Once you have chosen a channel and mode combination for your sound, simply go to the rear panel and select that channels' power amp choice (out of 5 selections), choose your rectifier style and program your effects loop choices.
Four independent preamp channels make up the front end of the Mesa Boogie Road King combo amp, grouped as 2 sets of lower gain rhythm channels (1 and 2) and 2 sets of high gain lead channels (3 and 4). The 2 sets are stacked with the lower gain rhythm channels following the input jack. Each of these channels houses 3 different modes, each voiced differently and with different gain structures. The modes are duplicated in the 2 types of channels, making it possible to use for different settings of the same sound.
The preamp power is sent to the Road King's effects loop section, providing both Series and Parallel Loops to assure a match to whatever type of processing you choose. This type of preamp versatility means you never have to compromise, even when you change bands or venture into a new and different styles with your playing.
This Mesa Boogie amplifier is capable of being many amps to many players. It roams confidently between extremely different musical styles while retaining the ability to focus on a specific genre.
The switchable progressive linkage feature is a case-assignable, power section. That's right—any of the 4 preamps can be combined with any one of the 5 power section configurations. Your choices are the bubbly, elastic 2 x 6L6; the urgent, brash 2 x EL34; the tight, bold 4 x 6L6; the elusive, stinging 2 x 6L6 + 2 x EL34; and the huge, dominating power of 4 x 6L6 + 2 x EL34.
Each of these power configurations lends its own personality and when matched with the right preamp can sonically define a musical style.
Rectifier Tracking, an additional feature, automatically matches the type of rectification for each of the preamp/power sections you have configured. This means you can tune the power feel even further to the sound you are creating. Many combinations are possible and the best part is that Rectifier Tracking follows your choices in power sections to always mate the proper amount of rectification for a given string of tubes. This Rectifier Tracking feature provides one more layer of focus to an already mindbending array of sounds to create the most expressive amplifier available anywhere.
Programmable Channel-specific Speaker Switching uses two different types of speaker enclosures to enhance different sonic characteristics and combine these choices with each Channel/Mode scheme. There are even provisions for using two cabinets of different impedance loads. The guitar amp incorporates a rich analog reverb, which is controlled per channel with the rear panel reverb controls and may be switched in and out via the King Kontroller.
The Solo feature on the Mesa Boogie Road King is an additional output level control that is wired in parallel to the output and provides a pre-assignable, footswitchable boost for stepping out when it's time to solo. A built-in Variac switch enables you to reduce the A.C. line voltage for a looser feel and increased upper harmonic spread resulting in that brown sound that has the elusive sag. And finally, to keep you in constant control of all the features aboard this vehicle of expression, Mesa Boogie included one of the mightiest footswitches around, the King Kontroller. All possible channels, functions and features are there for your instant access, monitored by LED illumination.
- Tube complement: 4 x 6L6, 2 x EL34, 6 x 12AX7, 2 x 5U4
- Power rating: 50, 100, or 120 watts, selectable
- Fixed bias for consistent, maintenance-free performance
- Four fully independent channels with 12 modes: channel 1—clean, fat or tweed; channel 2—clean, fat or brit; channels 3 and 4—raw, vintage high gain or modern high gain
- Each channel features independent gain, treble, mid, bass, presence, all-tube long spring reverb, 5-position Progressive Linkage Power Tube Select, channel-assignable dual rectification with recto tracking (diode or tube tracking), speaker output select (speaker out a, b or a+b), fx loop 1 and 2 select (2-series loop on/off switches per channel or footswitch assignable)
- Output level control (over all channels when activated)
- Footswitchable solo level control (over all channels when activated)
- Bold/spongy "Variac" switch
- True "hard" bypass switch that removes effects loop, output level and solo level controls from signal path
- Tuner output with footswitchable mute
- Slave out with level control
- External switching jacks for channels 1, 2, 3, 4, Solo, Reverb, Loop 1, Loop 2, and Tuner Mute
- 9-button footswitch (channel 1, channel 2, channel 3, channel 4, tuner mute, reverb, loop 1, loop 2, and solo)