- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Mesa Boogie SM57 and X2u XLR-To-USB Digital Bundle
- Write a Review
- Product 502654
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Mesa Boogie Big Block 750 Bass Amp Head trucks in 750W of crushing deep tone. Simplicity rules the Big Block amp's front panel. No high-tech over...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Bassists who rock gotta have the Big Block.
The Mesa Boogie Big Block 750 Bass Amp Head trucks in 750W of crushing deep tone. Simplicity rules the Big Block amp's front panel. No high-tech overkill between you and fast, fat tone. Straight-ahead circuitry delivers instant attack with massive authority. Just the brutal, potent truth, served up with mighty attitude. Mesa Boogie's exclusive Simul-State technology provides all-tube performance from Input jack right up to the dual MOSFET power blocks.
The Mesa Boogie Big Block bass amp's classic all-tube tone stack is augmented by an additional Active Mid with a sweepable Frequency control. This lets you zero in on the precise region of attack to let you drive the band where it needs to go.
The Big Block 750 bass amp boasts dual MID controls. A wide band PASSIVE MID takes care of overall midrange blend while the semi-parametric ACTIVE MID lets you focus in on specific regions. A footswitchable all-tube Overdrive, sporting its own dedicated Drive and Master controls, adds a menacing growl to your sound, sinking teeth into the mix.
The all-tube overdrive circuit brings a warm range of distortion, from subtle fur to a rebellious grind. Overdrive master gives you a separate volume level for the overdrive mode. Twin fans cool the dual power blocks arrayed with no less than 12 custom matched MOS-FET output devices. Even these power units are directly driven by one of the 8 tube stages in the Big Block 750. This is Simul-State—tight and focused, warm and musical.
The Big Block 750 sports an M-Pulse all-tube preamp that guarantees musical warmth all the way through the tube driver stage. Dual power blocks with dual cooling fans house a battery of 12 custom MOS-FETs, while a massive toroidial transformer produces stunning current with reduced noise.
For convenience, the Big Block 750 has Tuner outputs provided front and rear. Rear panel features also include a series Effects Loop and a Slave Out with its own dedicated Level control.
Switch the balanced XLR Direct Out between Pre and Post, and make use of its separate Level control and Ground Lift.
The massive power of the Mesa Boogie 750 Big Block bass amp calls for heavy duty Speak-On outputs. Standard 1/4" are also provided for compatibility with any cabinet.
- Active/passive input switch
- Footswitchable vacuum tube over-drive with independent over-drive & master level controls
- Tuner output with footswitchable amplifier mute
- FX loop with true "hard" bypass switch
- Balanced XLR line out with pre/post switch, level control & ground lift
- Two Speakon and two 1/4" speaker output jacks
- Slave out with level control
- 2-speed, dual fan cooling
- 2-button footswitch (over-drive and mute)
- 750 Watts @ 2 Ohms (550 @ 4, 280 @ 8), Simul-State Power / 12 Tube Driven Power MOSFET's, 4x12AX7
- 8 Stage Vacuum Tube Preamplifier with Gain, Active Bass, Active & Passive Mids, Mid Frequency (adjustable from 200 Hz to 2 kHz), Active Treble and Master Volume Controls