- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce 100W Tube Guitar Amp Head
- Write a Review
- Product 502673
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Stiletto Deuce marks Mesa's dedication to the legendary power behind heavy rock's British ancestry. Razor sharp and finely honed, the 100W Mesa Boogi...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A wicked rock head built around EL-34 British tube power.
Stiletto Deuce marks Mesa's dedication to the legendary power behind heavy rock's British ancestry. Razor sharp and finely honed, the 100W Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce amp head is mean enough to slice right through any mix with a trademark sound. From sparkling cleans to classic Brit Crunch to a menacing realm of high gain, the goal was to redefine the EL-34 sound and elevate it beyond the limits of previous boundaries.
You'll hear tighter, higher bass, lower, fatter mids, and a hazy harmonic top from this Mesa Boogie amp where luscious overtones line up in a shimmering crystalline spread. This mid-focused footprint compliments a Recto perfectly in an aggressive two-guitar band, allowing each player to carve out a distinctive region.
Two ruthless preamp channels create a mighty 6 mode platform while keeping that chrome panel gleaming and simple. Channel One on the Boogie Stilletto amp has two Clean modes, one Fat and expansive, one Tite and urgent—or can be switched to crunch, which roams from an EL34-style Brit Blues clip through classic UK Hard Rock. Channel Two starts here, cloning the mid-gain presence of crunch, and moves into a hellacious frontier of modern grind with the barbed attack of Tite-Gain or the super-layered, harmonic loaded bomb in Fluid-Drive. Only another Mesa should consider sharing a stage next to the sinister fury of the Stiletto Deuce's high gain thrust.
Channel 1 Gain Select:
Channel 1 offers two traditional-gain Clean choices, the blooming sweetness of FAT and the urgent focus of Tite or, choose the mid-gain authority of crunch for grinding rhythm sounds. This channel offers so many great sounds that alone, Channel 1 would be an amazing amplifier.
Channel 2 Voicing Switch:
Channel 2 offers a clone of Channel 1's mid-gain crunch mode and two different HI Gain voicings. Tite-Gain slices like a blade with focused mid attack and howling sustain, while Fluid-Drive adds layers of thick, rich harmonics that spread wide for the definitive solo voice or an ultimate modern grind. Either way you play it the Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce takes EL34 expression to a new realm.
Individual Channel Power Select offers a choice of a juicy vintage-inspired 50 watts or a punishing, modern 100 watts per Channel. Tailor your power rating to best fit the playing style for each channel.
Tube Rectifier Tracking
Individual Rectifier Select for each Channel offers a choice of the tighter, bolder Silicon Diodes or Tube Rectifier Tracking. In Tube Tracking the rectifier stage "tracks" the Channel Power Select switches and auto-selects the correct number of 5U4 rectifier tubes for the power array in use.
Each Channel of the Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce can be set for 50 or 100 watt performance, per channel. Each channel also offers your choice of Rectifiers: Silicon Diodes or Tube Tracking which automatically matches the optimum number of 5U4s to the power array selected.
Convenient Front Panel Bold-Spongy switch provides quick access to the on-board "variac" for on the fly voltage changes. Bold delivers a full 117 volts of authority, while Spongy knocks down incoming AC for the classic brown sound. The Stiletto Deuce tube amp also incorporates a Bold-Spongy power feature that works like a built-in Variac for an even browner vibe. The Solo feature allows you to step out with a footswitchable volume boost when it's your turn in the spotlight to wield this menacing tone.
External Switching Ports, Slave Out with Level control and an all-tube, series FX Loop (including a hard-bypass), round out the rear panel features.
So if your musical world relies on the classic El-34 Brit sounds we all love, but you need to greatly expand the range of performance while retaining the essence of character, check out this Mesa Boogie tube amp head. You won't believe where 34's can take you now.
- Handbuilt in Petaluma, California
- Multi-Watt, Channel Assignable Power Amp (Patent Pending) allows you to assign either 2 or all 4 EL-34 power tubes to each channel for power ratings of 50 or 100 Watts of Class A/B Power via independent 50/100 Watt power switches / 4xEL-34, 5x12AX7, 2x5U4
- Fixed bias for consistent, maintenance free performance
- Two fully independent channels with 6 modes (Channel: Fat Clean, Tite Clean or Crunch (Cloning Channel 2); Channel 2: Crunch, Tite Gain or Fluid Drive)
- Channel-assignable dual rectification with Recto tracking (Diode or Tube tracking)
- Independent gain, treble, mid, bass, presence and master controls per channel
- Bold/spongy "Variac" switch
- Output level control (over all channels when activated)
- Footswitchable solo level control (over all channels when activated)
- All-Tube FX Loop with Send Level control (over all channels when activated)
- True "Hard" bypass switch that removes FX Loop, Output Level and Solo Level Controls from signal path
- Slave Out with Level Control
- External switching jacks for channels 1, 2 and Solo
- Chrome chassis
- 2-button footswitch (channel 1, 2 and Solo)
Rock's high gain alternative, elevating EL-34 tone from classic to a menacing new realm!