- J44486 000000000 J44486000000000
Morgan Amplification Chameleon Isolation Convertible 75W 1x12 Extension Cabinet
- Write a Review
These days, artists are asking for lower and lower stage volume. Having experienced using ISO cabs in the past with much distain, Joe Morgan set out ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Get the best of both worlds with this convertible extension/isolation 1x12 cab.
These days, artists are asking for lower and lower stage volume. Having experienced using ISO cabs in the past with much distain, Joe Morgan set out to build the world’s most innovative iso-cab with real world usability. After a year of research the following design criteria was set: It needed to sound good with clean and overdriven tones. Players should be able to easily swap the speakers. It needed to sound like a guitar cab. Mic placement should allow players to easily put the mic where it needs to be. The cab should function as a live cab when not in use as an isolation cab. Morgan's Chameleon solves all these problems!
The Chameleon is a traditional closed-back 1x12 cab, which, in seconds, can transform into an isolation cab. Loaded with a Celestion 16-ohm, G12H75 Creamback, this two-in-one design gives players the best of both worlds—gig by day and record at night.
Four quick-connect latches allow you to attach the isolation chamber to the front of the 1x12 cab. What makes this isolation cabinet different from most is that Joe designed an acoustic trap that allows air to enter and exit the isolation portion while trapping the acoustic portion of the sound waves. This allows the speaker to behave like it would normally, as opposed to the increased dampening caused by the sealed design you find on most ISO cabs. What this means to you is that your chimey cleans are still going to be chimey.
In order to address mic placement, Morgan partnered up with Triad-Orbits to include two M2-R 180-degree mic swivels in each cab. These amazing devices allow you to truly pinpoint your mic placement. To top it all off, the Chameleon features a front-panel access door, allowing you to easily get your mic placement just right. And as with all Morgan cabinets, the Chameleon is built in the U.S.A. using Baltic birch construction and backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- Power handling: 75W
- Speaker: 1x12 Celestion G12H75
- Impedance: 16 ohms
- Free-flow air port allows correction speaker/mic relationship
- Dual goosenecks with Triad-Orbits M2-R 180 rotational mic mounts
- Quick connect front-panel access
- Construction: multi-ply baltic birch
- Dimensions: (extension cab only) 24 in. x 21 in. x 10 in.; (isolation) 24 in. x 21 in. x 20 in.
- Weight: (extension cab only) 38 lbs.; (isolation) 70 lbs.
- Handcrafted in the U.S.A.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.