- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
MGT-4 Footswitch for Mustang GT Amps
Condition 1 - Mint
- Write a Review
- #J53541 004000000 J53541004000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The MGT-4 Footswitch (included with Mustang GT200) is a great optional accessory item for Mustang GT100 and GT40. It’s a four-button, pedalboard-frie...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
(Open Box) Unleash the full potential of your Mustang GT with your feet.The MGT-4 Footswitch (included with Mustang GT200) is a great optional accessory item for Mustang GT100 and GT40. It’s a four-button, pedalboard-friendly unit that lets users select various presets and effects from the floor. It also enables hands-free access to the chromatic tuner, with colored LEDs for visual feedback. Perhaps most importantly, the MGT-4 footswitch unlocks Mustang GT’s 60-second looper functionality, with buttons to activate “Record,” “Play,” “Overdub” and “Stop” functions. The Acoustic 100 and 200 amps ship with a magnetic overlay that updates the switch labels to the correct functions. Removable 12’ cable with 1/4” plugs included.
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Fender MGT-4 Footswitch for Mustang GT Amps:
I bought this footswitch as a complement to my new Fender GT-100 amp which I like very much.
I have used the switch for 3 weeks (in home, no abuse of any kind) when it started malfunctioning. It would just freeze and stop responding to any buttons after 3 or 5 minutes of use. Rebooting it (unplugging from the amp) would allow several more minutes of use. I cannot be completely sure if malfunctioning is caused by the switch electronics itself, or some problems inside the amplifier, but since they are supposed to work in pair and there are no other switches for this amp, it really is not important: the switch is unusable.
Here are some comments on the switch's functions.
It has 4 modes:
1. Switch between your 3 favorite presets –convenient;
2. Navigate between all presets – very impractical. In order to navigate from preset 1 to preset 100, you would have make about 35 pushes;
3. Turn on/bypass up to 3 effects – convenient, but in case you have a preset with more than 3 effects, you are limited with the first 3 in the chain.
4. Loop recording – allows to record and dub up to 60 seconds. To me, it is insufficient.
It also allows to turn on/off the tuner – very convenient.
The bottom line is, if the switch worked, I could use modes 1 and 3 and the tuner. Unfortunately it does not work.