- J49174 000001000 J49174000001000
Peavey 6505 Piranha 20w Head w/ 1x8 Cab
- Write a Review
Powerful and portable, the Peavey 6505 Piranha follows in the footsteps of the popular 6505 MH mini head by packing high-gain tones into an even smal...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Powerful and portable, the Peavey 6505 Piranha follows in the footsteps of the popular 6505 MH mini head by packing high-gain tones into an even smaller, 20W tube hybrid power amp head. Small enough to use in a bedroom, but powerful enough for the studio, the 6505 Piranha harnesses the full gain and legendary tone of the 6505 Series.
The 6505 Piranha adds a few tricks of its own, including a bright switch along with a unique "scoop" control to achieve a wide array of tones with few controls. Additional features include the 20-watt (RMS) solid state power amp, one 4-ohm speaker output, a buffered FX loop, aux. input, headphone out, 12AX7 preamp tube and tooled metal cabinet.
This potent practice- and studio-tooled head offers staggeringly simple controls that feature just a gain knob, single EQ control, volume and a crunch/lead button for thicker/smoother gain. The tone control is a 3-band EQ compressed into one knob, so full left is a "10-0-7" scooped tone to "7-7-7" at the 12 o'clock setting to "10-10-10" when rolled full right.
6505 Piranha 25W 1x8 Speaker Cab
This little screamer is custom-built to complete your Peavey 5150 Piranha micro stack. Loaded with a single 8 in. Peavey speaker rated at 25W, the 6505 Piranha 1x8 Cabinet has the same metal-grille aesthetics and protection as the micro head. And, weighing just 9.8 lbs., it's also just as easy to take and play anywhere.
- Power: 20W (hybrid)
- Tube: one 12AX7 (preamp)
- Single channel
- Single input
- Impedance: 4 ohms minimum
- Controls: gain, EQ, volume, crunch/lead switch
- Buffered FX loop
- Aux. input
- Headphone output
- Heavy-duty metal construction
- Power handling: 25W
- Speaker: 1x8 Peavey
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Input: single 1/4 in.
- Dimensions: 10.3 in. x 10.6 in. x 10.3 in.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.