- Write a Review
Vintage style with a bluesy sound.
Classic style, classic tone and modern versatility. If the blues is your way of life, this is your amp. 30 classic all-tube watts are way louder than solid state and modern flexibility comes from a tremolo with speed and intensity controls, pre-and post-gain controls on the lead channel, 3-band passive EQ, a boost switch, external speaker jack, and an effects loop. Jamming or gigging, this baby can hold down your end of the sound.
- Power: 30W (tube)
- Tremolo with speed and intensity
- Pre- and post-gain controls on lead channel
- Normal volume control on clean channel
- 3-band passive EQ (bass, middle, treble)
- Two 10 inch Blue Marvel speakers
- Master reverb
- Footswitch selectable channel switching, tremolo, reverb and boost.
- Effects loop
- Classic tweed covering
- Chrome-plated chassis
- All-tube (three 12AX7 and four EL84 tubes)
- External speaker jack
- 2-channel preamp
- Boost switch
Dial-in the sound of the blues, with the EL84 today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Peavey Delta Blues 30W 2x10 Tube Combo Guitar Amp:
I can't really compare this amp to other similar ones as it's the only one i have, but this is a fine amp and i felt like it needed at least one review on MF. I use it for recording and bar gigs and it has yet to let me down in either situation. It's loud enough for small to medium sized rooms without needing to go thru the pa. I would describe this amp as having presence and character.
My style of music isn't necessarily "the blues" and i don't think the Delta Blues name should scare you away if that's not what you play. I run a Gibson SG thru an eq, Soul Food, and Boss compressor in the effects loop and i get a very rich and full tone with nice presence on the low end. I don't get ringing highs like a Fender amp, for example, gives but that's a good thing for me. I use the mid boost, which i think is a critical part of the equation. Same could be said for other amps i suppose, but like i said earlier i can't really speak too much in terms of comparison.
I've literally never used the dirty channel or tremolo, but i definitely like the reverb on this amp.
I would also recommend replacing the stock tubes with JJ's and using the factory ones for just-in-case backups, but that's not to say this amp has ever failed on me.
So in short, i think if you're strictly a lead player and/or looking for the high gain Marshall type sound you should probably look elsewhere. But if you're like me and do the singer/songwriter thing but want to rock a little and have a good clean-but-not-too-clean sound this amp fits the bill.