- Write a Review
A revamped classic offers the tone you love with new versatile options.
Paul Smith and Doug Sewell have resurrected one of Doug’s most successful Sewell amps—the Blistertone 50. The PRS Blistertone 50 tube amp head represents the evolution of Sewell’s original design, released nearly a decade ago. This Blistertone 50 is a versatile, modern single channel amp that can give you clean to strong overdrive tones using your guitar’s volume control. The cleans have a shimmer and sparkle reminiscent of higher wattage British amps. The overdrive tones are strong with carefully tailored, large lows that remain tight when pushed. The master volume is specially designed for overall volume, punch and clarity at lower settings. The tone stack (tone control circuitry) is unique to the Blistertone and allows a wide range of modern tone tweaking. Options include either reverb or an effects loop.
- Two Winged C 6L6GC power tubes
- 3 JJ ECC83S tubes
- Front Controls: Single Input Jack, Bright Switch, Volume, Treble, Mid, Bass and Master Volume
- Rear Controls: Mains Fuse, Bias Test Hacks and Adjustment Pot
- Four and eight ohm output jacks (each with parallel extension jacks)
- 16 ohm output jack
Call or click to get blistering tone with the Blistertone 50.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.