- J13032 000000000 J13032000000000
Radial Engineering SB-15 Tailbone High Performance Signal Buffer
- Write a Review
The Radial SB-15 Tailbone is a high-performance signal buffer designed to reside at the beginning of the signal chain and drive multiple pedals witho...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Keeps noise to a minimum in numerous playing environments.
The Radial SB-15 Tailbone is a high-performance signal buffer designed to reside at the beginning of the signal chain and drive multiple pedals without the added noise that often plagues high impedance circuits.
The ultra-compact design begins with a standard Hi-Z instrument input. The signal is then 'tamed' using Radial's unique Dragster load correction circuit to replicate the tone and feel as if connected directly to the amplifier. The signal is then buffered via a 100% discrete, class-A unity gain amplifier. Unlike most others that employ ICs or integrated circuits to buffer the signal, the discrete design reduces the need for phase-cancelling negative feedback producing a more natural and pleasing tone. This is further advanced with the same award winning class-A buffer that is in the Radial JD7 and used by guitarists as diverse as Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Steve Lukather and many others. Once buffered, the Tailbone lowers the impedance and susceptibility to hum and buzz caused by radio interference and electromagnetic fields. The SB-15 is then able to drive multiple pedals distances of 15 meters (50') without noise.
The SB-15 Tailbone is powered by a standard Boss-style 9V supply (not included). As an extra bonus, when using a Tonebone pedal that requires 15V on your pedal board, you can combine two 9V outputs from your power brick and the Tailbone will convert them to 15VDC and provide the correct voltage polarity. This makes adding a high-end Tonebone to your pedal board easy!
The Radial SB-15 Tailbone delivers exceptional sonic quality, reduces noise and adds the convenience of 15VDC power for your Tonebone.
Using the SB-15 as a signal buffer
The SB-15 corrects the load and lowers susceptibility to noise when driving multiple pedals and a distant amp. This makes the SB-15 an ideal front end for your pedal board and guitar setup.
Using the SB-15 with a power brick
Most power bricks only have 9 volt outputs. The SB-15 makes it easy to power your 15 volt Tonebone by using two 9V outputs. The SB-15 converts the voltage and polarity to suit.
Using the SB-15 on your pedal board
Use the SB-15 as the ultimate front-end for your pedal board. Connect the SB-15 to your pedals and amp for less noise and a more natural tone.
- Active direct box for acoustic guitar
- Ultra compact to fit in your guitar case
- Plug & play easy to use feature set
- 48V phantom powered, no batteries needed!
Order today and minimize your noise floor.
- Audio circuit type: Active Buffer with Phase Splitter
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20KHz
- Total harmonic distortion: <0.006%
- Dynamic range: >100dB
- Input impedance: 800K/23K
- Maximum input: +2dBu/+8dBu
- Gain: +1.3dBu/+4.4dB
- Clip Level - Output +3.3dBu/+12.3dBu
- Output impedance: 330 Ohms
- Equivalent input noise: -101dBu
- Noise floor: -97dBu
- Intermodulation distortion: <0.01%
- Phase deviation: 25/12 degrees Maximum
- Switches: Pad, Phase
- Merge function: Automatic
- Input pad: -12dB
- Polarity: Yes
- XLR configuration: + = Pin 2, - = Pin 3, Ground = Pin 1
- Construction: 16 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: (L x W x D) 4.5" x 1,85" x 1.35" (114mm x 47mm x 34mm)
- Weight: 0.55 lbs (250 grams)
- Shipping Size: (L x W x D): 8" x 5" x 3" (203mm x 127mm x 76mm)
- Shipping weight: 0.8 lbs (365 grams)
- Power: 48V phantom power
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5C and 40C
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.