- H65644 000000000 H65644000000000
Radial Engineering Tonebone PZ Select Piezo and Magnetic Pickup Selector/ DI Box
- Write a Review
The Radial PZ Select is a unique pedal designed to work with today's new breed of electric guitars and basses that employ both magnetic and piezo pic...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Designed for guitars with magnetic and piezo pickups.
The Radial PZ Select is a unique pedal designed to work with today's new breed of electric guitars and basses that employ both magnetic and piezo pickups. It allows the artist to quickly select between pickups using the onboard footswitches.
There are two channels: one for electric and one for piezo. The PZ Select will accept either a stereo ¼" TRS or two mono ¼" connectors. The magnetic pickup channel is class-A buffered and equipped with Drag Control load correction for optimum signal transfer. This innovative feature allows the user to adjust the load on the pickup so that it sounds 'true-bypass' as if connected to an amp without the usual pops and noise associated with true-bypass pedals. The electric channel is equipped with its own stage amp output and on-off selector switch.
The piezo channel begins with three position high-pass (lo cut) and low-pass (hi-cut) filters to tame the often brittle tone that is associated with piezo transducers. For greater control, the piezo channel also features a dedicated effects loop to allow an EQ or reverb to be added without affecting the electric guitar signal path. Since many artists employ a dedicated acoustic amp on stage, the piezo channel has a separate stage amp output plus a balanced low-Z direct box output to feed the PA system. Each of these is equipped with a ground lift switch to help eliminate buzz and hum caused by ground loops. The XLR out is also equipped with a polarity reverse to help phase align the PA, monitors and on-stage sound.
Selecting channels is simply a matter of depressing the associated footswitch. Bright full-sized LEDs provide visual clarity under stage lights to show the selected channel. Even when off, the signal from both pickups are combined and sent to the tuner out for quiet on stage adjustments. The flexible design also allows it to be used as a simple on-stage instrument selector for those that want to switch between an electric guitar or bass and an acoustic or upright. Made 'Radial tough', the PZ select features 14 gauge steel construction for maximum durability and is finished in a rugged baked enamel finish. Powering comes from the included 15VDC supply.
The Radial PZ Select is a compact pedal that delivers efficient control of your guitar and lets you quietly feed on your stage amps, tuner and the PA system at the same time.
- Designed for guitars with magnetic and piezo pickups
- Footswitch control over pickups for onstage efficiency
- Individual stage amplifier outputs for each pickup
- Built in Radial direct box for piezo to feed sound system
- Always 'on' buffered tuner output for quiet on-stage tuning
Order today and enjoy a more efficient stage setup.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Term for Used Gear begins on the expiration of the store return policy.