- Write a Review
A versatile power with a full-bodied, 2x12" tone.
The Randall RD45 Diavlo is a two-channel, 45W, all-tube 2x12" combo loaded with 12AX7 preamp and 6L6 power amp tubes. It features Tube Boost Mode, speaker-emulated XLR direct output with ground lift, Class A discrete instrument level FX loop and a two-function footswitch. Casters included.
- Maximum wattage: 26W“50W; 45W
- Tube or solid state: Tube/valve
- Type: Combo
- Number of preamp tubes: Info not available
- Preamp tube type: 12AX7/ECC83
- Number of power tubes: Info not available
- Power tube type: 6L6
- Power attenuation: No
- Impedance: Info not available
- Number of channels: 2
- Footswitchable: Yes
- Number of inputs: 1
- Number of modes: 1
- Speakers: 2x12"
- Speaker brand: Info not available
- Speaker model(s): Info not available
- Cab power handling: Info not available
- Cab back panel: Closed-back
- Cab angle: Straight
- Channel 1: Four-band EQ, plus gain and volume
- Channel 2: Four-band EQ, plus gain and volume
- Channel 3: Not applicable
- Channel 4: Not applicable
- Master volume: Yes
- Mid-shift: Yes
- Resonance: No
- Presence: No
- Bright: No
- Contour: No
- Reverb: No
- Voicing control: No
- Boost: Yes
- MIDI control: No
- Footswitch included: No
- Effects loop: Yes
- Footswitchable: No
- Reverb: No
- Tremolo: No
- Delay: No
- Echo: No
- Flanger: No
- Phaser: No
- Modulation: No
- Chorus: No
- Misc. Features
- External speaker output: Yes
- Headphone output: No
- Direct output: Yes
- AUX input: No
- USB connectivity: No
- Built-in tuner: No
- Mute: No
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Excellent Sound
Comments about Randall RD45 Diavlo 45W 2x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp:
I've always looked at Randall as a one trick horse type of amp, and I never thought I would own one, but this thing can actually cover a lot of sonic territory. I play everything from power pop, hard rock/blues to jazz/rock fusion, and this amp can handle pretty much anything I throw at it.
Most high gain amps sound terrible in lower settings, but the gain knob is completely usable across its entire range. There's not that nasty hard clip sound that happens with a lot of other high gain amps in the lower range settings. They really put a lot of thought into the gain channel, and voicing.
This amp can do so much more than just cranked distortion, and scooped mids!
My only complaint is the clean channel sounds like a totally different amp making it difficult to use in a live setup. When I switch to the clean channel, I immediately want to reach for the tone knobs….
Once dialed in, there are nice cleans to be had with plenty of headroom, but let's face it, you're probably not buying this amp for the clean channel anyway.
I picked this up on a Musicians Friend fire sale, and I could not be happier. I probably would never had purchased it if it weren't on sale, but I'm very glad that I did. This is turning out to be one of my 'go to' amps.