- H94395 000000000 H94395000000000
T-Rex Engineering Moller 2 Overdrive Pedal With Clean Boost
- Write a Review
M¸ller 2 delivers the same classic overdrive that made its predecessor one of T-Rex's most sought-after pedals. Named after Danish guitarist Knud M¸l...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A classic overdrive with clean boost to cut through the mix.
M¸ller 2 delivers the same classic overdrive that made its predecessor one of T-Rex's most sought-after pedals. Named after Danish guitarist Knud M¸ller, for whom the original pedal was designed, M¸ller 2 features a more durable "Bass Boost" toggle switch and easier-to-read control knob graphics.
The pedal is armed with a 0-20 db Clean Boost, as well as a Mix control which lets you dial in the perfect balance between distorted and clean signals. Rolled all the way up and with distortion maxed, the pedal sounds just like a vintage tube amp at full volume. Roll the Mix knob back a bit, and your clean signal starts to get through; if you pick lightly or roll back your guitar volume, you get a stunning clean, softly-clipping sound that retains all the feel and dynamics of your original tone, only bigger, louder and richer. The boost function lets you dial in a solo level, whether the overdrive circuit is activated or not.
Add this classic tone to your chain. Order today.
- Input impedance @ 1KHz: Higher than 1M Ohm
- Output impedance@1KHz : Lower than 1K Ohm
- Power supply: 9V DC (T- Rex FuelTank)
- Minimum power supply voltage: 8.5V DC
- Maximum power supply voltage: 12.5V DC
- Current draw @ 9V DC: 16 mA
- Maximum input signal Vp/p: 2.5Vp/p
- Battery type: 9V battery 6F22
- Battery life: 5 to 8 Hour
- External connectors: Input Jack, Output Jack, 9V DC Jack
- Controls: On/Off, Boost on/off, Level, Gain, Tone, Mix, Bass Boost
- Pedal size incl. knobs (W x H x D): 3.9" x 2.2" x 4.7"
- Weight excl. battery and packaging: 0.345 kg / 12.2 oz
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Excellent Sound Quality
- Mix Clean And Dirty Sound
Comments about T-Rex Engineering Moller 2 Overdrive Pedal With Clean Boost:
I bought this to replace an orignal moller I relied on for 5 years but started work intermittently and the switches became unreliable. The fact that I replaced it tells you this has become a critical part of my small pedal board.
I play in a small but busy bar band. I play into a clean amp (dr z or fender).
I use this to get a slightly overdriven (mostly a rhythm sound) and for a lead boost. It sits after an OCD which I use when I need a heavy distorted sound.
When I chose the original moller, I sat in the guitar shop for 2 hours a/b'ing it against almost everything they had. The T-Rex had the most natural sound I could find. Combine that with a wide range of gain available (although will not get into very high gain) and the ability to mix in the clean channel and you have tremendous versatility. If you mix out the clean channel and turn up the gain about mid-way you are in tubescreamer territory although, to my mind, with a more natural sound. I don't use my guitar volume as much as many other guitarists although it clearly responds nicely. The boost is perfect, into a clean amp, to give you whatever volume boost you want for solos and to push the amp just a bit more. Finally, I have used a compressor in front of it and delay after which rewarded me with the closest to Gilmore tone I've personally been able to achieve.
Bottom line, outstanding natural tone and versatility. I would have rated it lower on reliability based on my experience with older model but I have to admit this was after five years of hard use/misuse (more than a few beverage spills etc.). Note: the Crunchy Frog looks like the same pedal but much cheaper. I tried it and, in my opinion, did not sound near as good so returned it.