- Product 152171
Toneworks AX3B Bass Modeling Signal Processor
- Write a Review
The AX3B for bass is an on-the-floor, footswitchable unit containing an array of 57 realistic effect types powered by Korg's proprietary REMS modelin...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The AX3B for bass delivers great sounding, affordable multi-effects powered by Korg's high-end modeling technology.
The AX3B for bass is an on-the-floor, footswitchable unit containing an array of 57 realistic effect types powered by Korg's proprietary REMS modeling technology. Packing a studio's worth of great amps, cabinets, modulation, and delay/reverb effects into its compact, floor-hugging form, the AX3B is easy to use and delivers sound quality that will satisfy beginners and pros alike. Plus, this little powerhouse will fit comfortably into the pocket of your gig bag and will run on batteries, so in addition to playing live on stage, it's an ideal choice for quick rehearsals, warm-ups, or even to help pass the time while traveling in the van. Now you can enjoy great bass sound wherever you are.
57 killer modeling effects
The AX3B contains 57 different realistic REMS modeling effects with the same high quality you'll find on the top-of-the-line ToneWorks AX3000B, delivering pro-level realistic sound from a surprisingly compact package. The AX3B is designed specifically for bass, with 16 famous bass amp sounds ranging from vintage to standard models. Every detail of each original amp has been faithfully re-created, giving you an enormous variety of bass tones that include fat, warm tube sounds as well as clean sounds. The AX3B's effects include the ever-indispensable compressor, plus an octaver to give your sound even more weight. Also included are numerous unique effects, such as a fretless effect that models the sound of a fretless bass, a slow-attack effect that simulates "violin" technique, and a great-sounding synth bass effect.
Full editing and flexibility that rivals dedicated units
Each amp and effect type has a wide array of editable parameters that rivals those found on dedicated units. The most suitable values are automatically selected when you choose an amp or effect, making it easy even for a beginner to get the best sounds right away. The most frequently used main parameters are accessible directly via the knobs immediately after you select an effect. Numerous sub-parameters are also provided so that you can adjust the details of the sound to your taste. With a simple and intuitive interface, getting the perfect sound is quick and easy.
Select from 80 programs (40 user/40 preset)
Use up to 6 REMS modeling effects simultaneously, and save your settings as one of 40 different user programs. 40 preset programs in a wide range of musical styles are also provided, giving you a total of 80 programs that you can use right away.
Flexible Auto Chromatic Tuner
Since the AX3B contains an Auto Chromatic Tuner, in addition to having great tone you'll always be in tune. There's a mute mode that lets you tune without producing sound from your connected bass amp, so it's easy to tune on-stage.
Optional expression pedals
You can connect an optional expression pedal and use your foot to control wah or volume for even more expressive possibilities. With a size that easily fits into the pocket of your gig bag, and the ability to operate on battery power, the AX3B is a great way to get the best bass sounds at home, in the studio, or on stage.
- 57 types of REMS modeling effect variations. Up to 6 simultaneous effects possible, including noise reduction
- 16 drive/amp types recreate the sound of a variety of top amps, with a choice of ten different cabinet types
- Numerous effects at a level of quality that rivals dedicated units
- Full editing of all parameters for 4 effect categories (pre-effect, drive/amp, modulation, delay/reverb)
- 40 user programs for creating and saving your own sounds
- 40 preset programs
- Auto Chromatic Tuner
- 2-way power lets you use batteries or a separately sold AC adaptor
- Connect an optional foot controller or expression/volume pedal and use it as a volume or wah pedal
- AX3B Effect Types
- PRE FX(10): COMP, LIMITER, XCITER, WAH, VIB/PH, CH/FLN, OCTAVE, FRETLESS, SLOWATK, SYNTH
- DRIVE/AMP(16): TUBE OD, FAT DIST, OR DIST, SHRED, FUZZ, OCTFUZZ, VALVE, VALVE2, CLASSIC, SCOOPED, LA STUDIO, GOLD PNL, JAZZ, STUDIO, AC 100, UK MAJOR
- CABINET(10): CLASSIC 8X10, MODERN 4X10, LA 4X10, METAL 4X10, UK 4X12, STUDIO 1X15, JAZZ 1X15, AC 2X15, UK 4X15, LA 1X18
- MOD(10): CL CHO, MT CHO, CL FLN, BI CHO, DUO PH, TREM, ROTARY, PITCH, RND FILT, FILTRON
- DELAY(5): ECHO+, MLT HD, MOD DLY, ST DLY, PP DLY
- REVERB(5): SLAP, SPRING, PLATE, ROOM, HALL
- NOISE REDUCTION
All the bass rigs you've ever drooled over are here in virtual form, waiting for you to plug in! Order today.
AX3B Bass Modeling Signal Processor
- Dimensions: 7.01"W x 5.59"D x 1.69"H
- Weight: 3/4 lb.
- Signal Processing: A/D, D/A conversion: 24 bit
- Sampling frequency: 31.25 kHz
- Tuner Function: Detection Range: 27.5 Hz ~ 1,318.5 Hz (A0 ~ E6), Calibration: A = 438 ~ 445 Hz
- Power Supply: 4 alkaline AA batteries (battery life: approx. 8 hours), or DC9V (separately sold AC adapter)
Reviewed by 4 customers
Displaying reviews 1-4
This unit is awesome it has the same rems technology found on the most expensive Korg floor units. The overall effect/sound offer from this unit are really good. I do think its a steal for the money. Obviously we are talking about a modeling unit so dont try to compare this to the original analog thing. That would be just stupid. As a modeling unit I like it very much rich sound, high fidelity I love to play with it using headphones. Great tool for practice. The chromatic tuner is very good and accurate also you can fine tune its frequency if you want to.The only thing I dont like about this unit is that is made of plastic and I dont know how strong it could be. Ive would prefer to pay an extra 30 bucks for this unit with a metal chassis.
I have only owned this device about 2 weeks and it may take me a year to completely figure it out, but so far the presets alone are amazing! The only drawback is that the manual assumes that not only do you play bass, but you also have a degree from M.I.T. Just not enough detail...other than that...great product!!!
I had my eye on the ToneWorks AX3000B. However, as it was pretty expensive, I went looking for another option. When I saw that there was a much cheaper version of the 3000 with many of the same features, I quickly bought it. Although it contains lots and lots of effects, amps, and cabs, quite a number of the effects have very little difference on the sound of the bass. Also, about 60% of the presets are absolutely worthless. However, the distortion and overdrive effects are all fairly nice. The noise reduction also does a very good job. Finally, the learning curve is not very steep at all, and it is very easy to use and to get great tones out of.
I bought this as a first attempt at using an effects pedal. It surprised me by being inexpensive, easy to use, and great sounding. I recommend it to anyone wanting a great pedal at a great price!