- J44707 000000000 J44707000000000
Walrus Audio Luminary Quad Octave Generator
- Write a Review
Walrus cannot be more thrilled to release the Luminary Quad Octave Generator; the Luminary is a powerful polyphonic quad octave generator with featur...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A myriad of experimental polyphonic possibilities is at your disposal thanks to this symphonic masterpiece creator.
Walrus cannot be more thrilled to release the Luminary Quad Octave Generator; the Luminary is a powerful polyphonic quad octave generator with features for creating inspiring symphonic gusts of sound. Operating on the Analog Devices Sharc platform, the Luminary gives you the ability to dial in any combination of four separate octaves including -2, -1, +1, and +2, the user can craft many different complex sounds and textures with crystal clear and immediate octave tracking. The Luminary has three onboard presets available for saving your go-to sounds, as a well as live mode. This means the user can have up to four custom sounds available at any moment. Get epic steel sounds with the modulation control unengaged. You’ll find more experimental options with the filter control or a swirling chorus with the flutter control. Couple the Luminary with an expression pedal to expand its creativity even more.
Four octave options available: -2, -1, +1 and +2. The four knobs across the top of the pedal control the level of each octave. With the Dry/Wet control, the user can explore the ground between minimum and 12 o’clock to keep the octave signal lower than your dry signal for subtleness. The territory between 12 o’clock and maximum keeps the user’s dry signal lower than unity for a boastful octave sound.
The Attack control dictates how fast the octaves bloom after the initial attack. Allow the octaves to swell in gradually at a higher attack setting. Hear immediate octave response with the attack control low or off. The Filter knob controls the cutoff of a low-pass filter on the octave signals and also increases an envelope type effect at higher settings. The Flutter knob enables a chorus effect that can be applied to the octaves. At zero, the chorus effect is off. Increasing this knob engages the chorus modulation and controls the rate of the effect. At lower settings, the user hears a lightly modulated seasick effect, and when set higher, the user can achieve some alluring ring modulation type sounds.
The expression control allows the manipulation of any combination of these options to allow the user to customize the effectiveness of the Luminary: -1 and +1 octave volume, +1 octave volume, Attack, Flutter and Dry/Wet.
- -2, -1, +1 and +2 octave controls
- Dry/Wet, Attack, Filter and Flutter controls
- Three onboard presets plus Live mode
- Expression pedal input and In/Out jacks
- Dimensions: 4.67 x 3.68 x 1.547 in.
- Power requirements are 9VDC (250mA minimum)
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.