- Write a Review
Legendary Allen Woody designed bass.
The Ltd. Ed. Allen Woody Rumblekat Blue Royale is a Musician's Friend exclusive model in a beautiful Chicago Blue Pearl color finish along with distinctive œRoyale style Silver Sparkle binding. It features superb Epiphone pickups and electronics along with the rock solid hardware you™ve come to expect from Epiphone.
Legendary Allen Woody Rumblekat
The Epiphone Allen Woody Rumblekat bass was the result of a historic collaboration with Epiphone and the late great Allen Woody, the legendary bassist for the Allman Brothers Band and Gov™t Mule. The Allen Woody Rumblekat is one of the few pro electric basses available anywhere with a 30" scale length (compared to the "standard" scale length of 34"). And now Allen Woody' masterpiece gets the Blue Royale treatment.
Timeless Construction and Style
The Ltd. Ed. Allen Woody Rumblekat Blue Royale features a 2.1" thick sound chambered mahogany body while the top of the Rumblekat is made of 5-ply flame maple. There are no f-holes but the lightweight and sound chambered body produces clear and complex low-end tones. The body, mahogany neck, and headstock are set off by multi-layer œRoyale style Silver Sparkle Binding complimented by a rare Chicago Blue Pearl color finish. The Silver Sparkle bound rosewood fingerboard has 20 frets, pearloid "dot" inlays, a 12" radius and Epiphone' equally classic Clipped Dovewing 2+2 headstock which also includes Allen Woody' distinctive signature.
Epiphone Timeless Tone
The Ltd. Ed. Allen Woody Rumblekat Blue Royale is powered by a NYR mini Bass humbucker neck pickup and a NYT mini-humbucker pickup mounted in the middle position. With their smaller size, narrow magnetic field, and unique design combination, the mini-humbucker produces a bright and focused output while retaining "hum-free" performance. The Rumblekat' pickups are modeled after classic electric guitar mini-humbuckers (found in classics like the Epiphone Riviera and late-'60s Les Pauls) and feature adjustable pole pieces, enamel wire, bar ceramic magnets and rounded gold plated covers set in a unique black mounting ring with height adjustment gold screws.
Each pickup features full-function volume knobs”Black Top Hats with metal inserts--for each pickup and a Master Tone knob using full-size 500KkOhm potentiometers. As Bassics Magazine said in their starred review: "Using the tone knob and a little pickup bleeding, you can really get this thing to shake the walls in the lower register and have a nice open singing sound in the upper registers."
Epiphone œRoyale Hardware
The Ltd. Ed. Allen Woody Rumblekat Blue Royale has an Allen Woody-approved road tested bridge personally selected by Allen for the Rumblekat, and is height-adjustable at three points, making for a bass that can easily conform to any playing style. Along with Epiphone premium die-cast sealed-gear 17:1 machine heads, a œtortoise shell style control plate, Epiphone' heavy-duty ¼ all-metal output jack, and solid nickel hardware, the Ltd. Ed. Allen Woody Rumblekat Blue Royale is a beautiful instrument that comes with the security of knowing you can count on years of uninterrupted playing on stage and in the studio.
Case sold separately.
- Shape: SlimTaper D
- Wood: Mahogany
- Neck joint: Set
- Scale length: 30"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Gloss
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Neck: NYR mini humbucker
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: NYT mini humbucker
- Brand: Epiphone
- Series or parallel: Series
- Active preamp: Not applicable
- Special electronics: Not applicable
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Info not available
- Nut width: 1.65" (42mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Chambered soldibody
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Top wood: Laminated maple
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, master tone
- Pickup switch: 3-Way
- Coil tap or split: Not applicable
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: Not applicable
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Vintage 3-point adjustable
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: Indonesia
Grab this exclusive bass for your collection. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.