- Write a Review
The Caprice takes a vision of the past and realizes it with new twist on familiar looks, classic tone and plenty of modern appointments.
The Caprice, another welcome newcomer to the Modern Classic family of instruments is a bold new statement in passive design. A workhorse bass that is capable of blending two distinct pickup voicings offering a variety of tones suitable for any musical environment. This compact offset design provides a body shape that is comfortable and balanced along with a slim neck profile that makes this bass a pleasure to play. The top-loading bridge is made from hardened steel and complemented by a newly designed oversized headstock with the familiar 3+1 tuner arrangement. As with the Cutlass, the Caprice is a sleek modern bass with vintage features that stays true to its Music Man heritage.
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Bridge: Vintage Music Man® top loaded chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated hollow steel saddles
- Pickguard: Yes
- Scale Length: 34 in. (86.4 cm)
- Neck Radius: 7.5 in. (19.1 cm)
- Headstock Size: 9 in. (22.9 cm) long
- Frets: 21 - High profile, narrow width
- Neck Width: 1-1/2" (38.1 mm) at nut, 2-1/2" (63.5 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select maple neck
- Fingerboard: Select maple or rosewood
- Fret Markers: 5/16" Black or White dots
- Neck Finish: Ultra-light satin polyurethane finish
- Tuning Machines: Schaller BM, with tapered string posts
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5-bolt
- Controls: 250kohm neck pickup volume, 250kohm bridge pickup volume, and tone - .1µF tone capacitor
- Pickups: Music Man® inline humbucking; Music Man® offset humbucking
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.