- Write a Review
Exceptional bass tone in a gorgeous ash body with classic Music Man features.
Part of Music Man's Classic Collection, the Classic Sterling 4 electric bass guitar features many desirable appointments giving a look and soul that pays respect to design practices of the company's past. The bass comes with Music Man's chrome-plated, hardened steel bridge plate with "Classic" stainless steel saddles, adjustable mute pads, old Music Man logo, 2-band EQ, and a single humbucker.
The Classic Sterling 4 bass guitar's ash body attaches to a maple neck with a 6-bolt neck attachment, ensuring perfect alignment with no shifting. The resulting sound is strong bass tone, without any loss in articulation. The Music Man bass' 7-1/2" neck radius, 22 high-profile narrow-width frets, and 1-1/2" neck width at the nut, provide comfort and agility for your fret hand. The 2-1/2" width at the last fret provides more space for your thumping hand, so you can get fat, meaty bass pop with clear, defined attack.
Schaller BM tuners, with tapered string posts provide precision tuning, and the truss rod is adjustable, eliminating the need of removing components or strings for customization. At the heart of the Music Man Classic Sterling 4 bass lies the electronics system that provides the Music Man tone. A single standard Music Man humbucking pickup with ceramic magnets offers that thick, rich, and balanced bass tone that has made the company a leader in the low end. The Music Man bass' 2-band active preamp lets this pickup sing out, while the volume, treble, and bass controls let you pinpoint and fine-tune your ideal bass sound.
Dressed in a high-gloss polyester body finish, this Music Man Classic Sterling 4 bass is sure to get you looks from the moment you hang it around your neck, and the sound you get plugged-in will astound anyone in earshot.
- Model: Classic Sterling 4 Bass
- Size: 12-1/2" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 43-7/8" long
- Weight: 8 lb., 14 oz.
- Body wood: ash
- Body finish: high-gloss polyester
- Body color: standard classic
- Bridge: Music Man chrome-plated, hardened steel bridge plate with "Classic" stainless steel saddles and adjustable mute pads
- Scale length: 34"
- Neck radius: 7.5"
- Headstock size: 7-5/8" long
- Frets: 22 high-profile, narrow width
- Neck width: 1-1/2" at nut, 2-1/2" at last fret
- Neck wood: bird's-eye maple neck
- Fingerboard: maple or rosewood
- Neck finish: high-gloss finish
- Neck colors: natural aged yellow finish
- Tuning machines: Schaller BM, with tapered string posts
- Truss rod: adjustable
- Neck attachment: 6 bolts
- Electronic shielding: graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum control cover
- Controls: single pickup, 2-band active preamp; vol, treble, bass
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
- Solid Electronics
- Rock Concerts
- School Bands
- Small Venues
Comments about Ernie Ball Music Man Classic Sterling 4 Electric Bass Guitar:
this is a totally cool new take on this bass the neck is top quality ive been a high end cabinet maker for 7 years and can say that the birds eye on my bass is of the highest quality i played a sterling h with the 3 band before this bass and i loved it but the classic basses just have a totaLLY AWSOME feel the neck profile is different but still super easy to play and the basses sound good pluged in to just about any amp. ive owned gibson usa fender usa and jap ibanezs and none have compared to my music man basses this company is really on top of there game and provides excelent products that are worth the money thats why ill keep buying them