- 481933 000001069 481933000001069
Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling 5 H Bass
Black Rosewood Fretboard
- Write a Review
The 5-string MusicMan Sterling is an electruc bass with a shape similar to the StingRay bass. The Sterling bass is shorter and narrower, while the ne...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A smaller, comfortable cousin of the StingRay.
The 5-string MusicMan Sterling is an electruc bass with a shape similar to the StingRay bass. The Sterling bass is shorter and narrower, while the neck remains basically the same. The MusicMan Sterling also features hot-rodded electronics: active 3-band preamp, a MusicMan humbucker pickup with hum canceling phantom coil, and unique 3-way switching (both coils in series mode, single coil, and both coils in parallel mode). Schaller BM tapered-post tuners. Volume, treble, mid, bass controls. MusicMan includes a hardshell case with the Sterling 5 H Electric Bass.
- Body Wood: Ash
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Bridge: Music Man chrome-plated, hardened steel bridge plate with stainless steel saddles;
- Pickguard: Black
- Frets: 22 - High profile, wide
- Neck Wood: Select maple neck
- Fingerboard: maple or rosewood (depending on color)
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Tuning Machines: Schaller BM, with tapered string posts
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined control cover
- Controls: 3-band active preamp; vol, treble, mid, bass
- Switching: 3-way lever pickup selector
- Pickup: Music Man humbucking with ceramic pole pieces and hum canceling phantom coil
- Strings: 45w-65w-80w-100w (Super Slinky Bass #2834)
You don't have to have a big bass to sound big. Order this one and play.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Comments about Music Man Sterling 5 H Bass:
great bass powerful light weight,and still has that classic stingray sound
very nice features,paint job and wood work are above par
built to last
a little bit pricey but you really get what you pay for
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
- Solid Electronics
Comments about Music Man Sterling 5 H Bass:
MY SITUATION: After years of gigging with cheaper/beginner basses and now having better finances in my mid 20's, I feel as though I have graduated to a level where I need and deserve high end equipment.
INCENTIVE: The name "Ernie Ball Music Man" says it all. I compared this model to the Sting Ray and decided on this because it is lighter and a bit smaller. For frequent/long gigs that's a plus. I found the Translucent Red model with maple neck as condition 2 used for around $1315. Musician's Friend sent me something in the mail offering me a discount on my next purchase so I took full advantage when I bought this bass...
PROS: This bass is amazing! It stays in tune and very rarely goes out, only seldomly at outdoor gigs. The build quality is fantastic; MADE IN AMERICA! It is very easy to play and I've never had to set it up. Out of the box (and the included hardshell case) it was asking to be played. The Translucent Red finish is beautiful. I put it to the test gigging 7-9 times per week in the summer indoors and outdoors and it passed with flying colors. The neck is a natural finish with no lacquer and I love it. I occasionally treat the neck with fretboard conditioner wipes and the body with instrument polish wipes; it's very easy to take care of. I have had it a year and the battery is still going strong...
If you can afford it, buy it!