- J42330 000001000 J42330000001000
Fender Custom Shop 1957 Journeyman Relic Left Handed Precision Bass, Maple Fingerboard
Wide Fade 2-Color Sunburst
- Write a Review
The Custom Shop 1957 Journeyman Relic Precision Bass takes you straight back to the original era of the bass that started it all. Its lightweight ald...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A Precision Bass fit for any serious collection and made to be played in the studio or on stage.
The Custom Shop 1957 Journeyman Relic Precision Bass takes you straight back to the original era of the bass that started it all. Its lightweight alder body (ash on Aged White Blonde model) features comfortably deep contours and a “Journeyman” Relic lacquer finish, which imparts the appearance of years of aging and light use without heavy wear and tear. The tinted quartersawn maple neck has a finely sculpted ’57 “soft V” profile, topped by a 9.5”-radius fingerboard with American Vintage frets and a bone nut.
Other premium features include a hand-wound 1957 Precision Bass pickup, gold anodized aluminum pickguard, vintage controls and hardware, Custom Shop certificate of authenticity and tweed case.
- Journeyman Relic® lacquer finish
- Lightweight alder body (ash body for Aged White Blonde) with deep contours
- Tinted quartersawn maple neck with a 1957 Bass soft "V" back-shape and 9.5 in. radius
- American Vintage frets
- Hand-wound 1957 Precision Bass® pickup
- Vintage controls
- Gold anodized pickguard
- Vintage-style hardware
- Bone nut
- Round string tree
- Tweed case
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Sound is amazing.
- A bit heavy.
- It takes time to get used to the huge neck.
Comments about Fender Custom Shop 1957 Journeyman Relic Left Handed Precision Bass, Maple Fingerboard:
Since i received fhe bass, i have played it almost every day. It sounds great. It growls at you. The bass itself is a piece of art. It is an exact copy of a 1957 fender p bass. The covers at first felt like a nuisance. I removed them but it didnt feel right so i am learning to play with them. One thing is the neck is thick and one may have to use three fingers per fret on the low end of fretboard. You may want to add a foam at the bridge to dampen unwanted ringing that this bass was known at the time. However, if plays nicely and the sound is just classic.
- Was this a gift?: