- H78909 000001000 H78909000001000
Fender Custom Shop 1957 Precision Bass Relic Masterbuilt by John Cruz
- Write a Review
Many consider Leo Fender's greatest triumph to have been the invention of the Fender Precision Bass in 1950 (prototype). This is a faithful replicati...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Plenty of mojo and all the lows.
Many consider Leo Fender's greatest triumph to have been the invention of the Fender Precision Bass in 1950 (prototype). This is a faithful replication of the 1957 Fender Precision. It has additionally been given the Fender Relic treatment for an authentic aged look. It sports all of the classic features of the '57, right down to the pickup cover and the ashtray bridge cover.
It has a volume and tone control and the classic Precision pickup. The relic wear points are where you'd expect them to be, giving it a look of comfort and familiarity. Maple neck with maple fingerboard.
John Cruz came to Fender in 1987, joined the Custom Shop in 1993 and became a Master Builder in 2003. Custom guitars are his passion, and he is the man behind several famous Custom Shop instruments, including the replica of Stevie Ray Vaughan's famous Number One Stratocaster guitar.
Cruz also built the limited-run Moto guitar and amp sets, worked on the '49 Woody amp project and developed all production processes for the Rory Gallagher and Muddy Waters tribute guitars. Further, his meticulous work was essential to all aspects of the initial Custom Shop Relic guitars and basses, and he initiated the Custom Shops quality assurance program.
Cruz has built fantastic guitars for players such as Doug Aldrich (Dio, Whitesnake), Dave Amato and Bruce Hall (REO Speedwagon), Mick Mars (Motley Crue), Richie Sambora (Bon Jovi), Bono (U2), Duff McKagan (Guns N' Roses), Ike Turner and Brad Whitford (Aerosmith).
- Shape: U
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: 4-Bolt
- Scale length: 34"
- Truss rod: Yes
- Finish: Nitrocellulose
- Active or passive: Passive
- Configuration: Split single-coil
- Neck: Not applicable
- Middle: Single-coil
- Bridge: Not applicable
- Brand: Fender
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Active preamp: Not applicable
- Special electronics: Not applicable
- Material: Maple
- Radius: Custom/compound
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.5mm)
- Neck width at 12 fret:
- Style: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Alder
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body finish: Transparent
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: No
- Coil tap or split: Not appicable
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: Not applicable
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 4-Saddle adjustable
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Open-geared
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: Yes
- Special features: Not applicable
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Certificate of authenticity
Order today for your main squeeze. This may be just the bass for you.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Term for Used Gear begins on the expiration of the store return policy.