- Product 510859
Fender Custom Shop Custom Artist Series Reggie Hamilton Jazz Bass V
- Write a Review
Fender pays tribute to one of today's most prolific studio musicians with this exceptional 5-string J Bass configured to Reggie's specifications and ...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
One of the finest variations on the J Bass available.
Fender pays tribute to one of today's most prolific studio musicians with this exceptional 5-string J Bass configured to Reggie's specifications and featuring the latest active/passive electronics technology. The select alder body is joined to a quartersawn maple neck with pao ferro fingerboard. A Custom Design 5-String P Bass pickup in the middle and Noiseless 5-string Jazz Bass pickup at the bridge are controlled by a push/push active/passive switching setup that offers incredible tonal versatility. Deluxe appointments include chrome hardware, Fender/Schaller Ultralight tuners, and a bridge that permits string-thru or top load string routing. Includes deluxe hardshell case.
- Select alder body
- Quartersawn maple neck with polished satin urethane finish
- Pao ferro fingerboard with a 12" radius (305 mm)
- 21 vintage frets
- 34" (864 mm) scale length
- Nut width 1.875" (48 mm)
- Chrome hardware
- Fender/Schaller ultralight tuners
- Strings-thru-body or top-load bridge with steel bridge plate and chromeplated solid brass saddles
- 3-ply black MOTO pickguard on black
- 4-ply tortoiseshell pickguard on 3-color sunburst
- Custom Design 5-String P Bass pickup (middle)
- Custom Design Noiseless 5-String Jazz Bass pickup (bridge)
- Pickup switching: push/push active/passive switch, pan pot
- Controls - active mode: master volume, pickup pan pot
- 3-band active EQ with: treble boost/cut: +/- 14dB @ 2kHz to 18kHz with a peak at 8kHz
- Mid boost/cut: +/- 12dB @ 1kHz
- Bass boost/cut: +/- 15dB @ 30kHz,
- Controls - passive mode: master volume, pickup pan pot, passive tone control
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Fender Custom Shop Custom Artist Series Reggie Hamilton Jazz Bass V:
I received my bass in April 2003 and was immediately pleased. It had many features I wanted including P/J pickup configuation, active passive modes, passive tone control, and a drop tuner on the B string like my old Guild Pilot 5. The tone was great and I received many compliments on the sound. However, combining heavier gauge strings and a change in weather necessitated adjusting the truss rod. The hex wrenches and strap locks were not with the bass when I received it and I had to get the proper wrenches on my own, and at my own expense. On my very first attempt to adjust the rod it would not move and applying pressure caused the rod to snap. You guys honored the warranty, which I greatly appreciated, and took the bass back after four months for a full refund. I enjoyed this bass and would have kept it, but now I am skeptical about buying a new Fender instrument. Operation of the truss rod, as well as all other functions and the inclusion of all accessories, should have been thoroughly checked before the bass left the factory.