More Info About Free 2-Day Standard Ground ShippingClose Window
- #J44050 000002000 J44050000002000
Fender Mustang PJ Bass, Rosewood Fingerboard
- Write a Review
Since its original release in 1964, the Mustang Bass has been one of Fender’s most enduring bass designs, finding its way into the hands of bassists ...Read More
A classic instrument with flexible sound, easy playing feel and slick style, upgraded for the modern bassist.
Since its original release in 1964, the Mustang Bass has been one of Fender’s most enduring bass designs, finding its way into the hands of bassists ranging from The Rolling Stones to My Chemical Romance. This updated version of the short-scale underground hero adds the power of our venerable P Bass® and J Bass® pickups to the traditional Mustang design for flexible, thunderous bass tone with smooth playing feel and slick visual style.
Powered by a time-tested pair of pickups, the Mustang Bass PJ is packed with flexible tone that can match any sonic requirement. A punchy split single-coil P Bass® middle pickup is joined by a growling Jazz Bass neck pickup in an unbeatable pairing that combines the best of both sonic worlds. Master volume and tone controls, along with a conventional three-way pickup switch get you to all available sounds. Not only is the 30 in. scale more comfortable for smaller hands, it reduces string tension, creating a looser playing feel that lends itself to nimble playing styles while adding a fat, “blooming” quality to the lower notes and sweetening the higher notes. Topped by a 9.5 in.-radius Rosewood fingerboard with 19 medium jumbo frets, the “C”-shaped maple neck is comfortable for all playing styles.
This bass’ smaller body easily fits those with smaller frames while maintaining Fender’s classic stylistic appeal, and is also great for energetic stage performances thanks to its light weight. In a nod to its roots, this modernized instrument includes vintage-style Fender tuning machines and a vintage-style disc string tree, along with a four-bolt neck plate and standard four-saddle string-through-body bridge—all finished in gleaming chrome.
- Neck joint:4-Bolt
- Scale length:30 in. (762 mm)
- Truss rod:Yes
- Finish:Satin polyurethane
- Active or passive pickups:Passive
- Pickup configuration:PJ
- Neck:Not applicable
- Middle:Vintage-style split single-coil Precision Bass
- Bridge:Vintage-style single-coil Jazz Bass
- Series or parallel:Parallel
- Active preamp:Not applicable
- Special electronics:Not applicable
- Radius:9.5 in. (241 mm)
- Fret size:Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets:19
- Inlays:White dot
- Nut material:Synthetic bone
- Nut width:1.65 in. (42 mm)
- Neck width at 12 fret:Info not available
- Cutaway:Double cutaway
- Body wood:Ash
- Top wood:Not applicable
- Body finish:Gloss polyurethane
- Orientation:Right handed
- Control layout:Master volume, master tone
- Pickup switch:3-Way
- Coil tap or split:Not appicable
- Tone switching:No
- Special switching:Not applicable
- Bridge type:Fixed
- Bridge design:4-Saddle standard
- Tailpiece:Not applicable
- Tuning machines:Fender vintage-style
- Number of strings:4
- Special features:Not applicable
- Case:Gig bag
- Accessories:Info not available
Call or click to order today!
Our product catalog varies by country due to manufacturer restrictions. If you change the Ship-To country, some or all of the items in your cart may not ship to the new destination.