- Product 517880
Fender Roscoe Beck IV 4-String Bass
- Write a Review
The Roscoe Beck Bass IV is built to Roscoe's specs and choice of some very cool refinements: an assymetrical oval neck, a special design Modern-Vinta...Read More
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
The Roscoe Beck Bass IV is built to Roscoe's specs and choice of some very cool refinements: an assymetrical oval neck, a special design Modern-Vintage body, Hipshot ultralight tuners, Drop-D tuner on E string, special design Side By Side humbucking pickups, and a Fender 4-saddle locking convertible bridge. Extensive tone controls include Master Tone with push/pull mid-shaping switch, 3-position pickup selector, and 2 mini-toggle coil-selector switches. A unique pickguard and and neckplate with engraved Roscoe Beck signature announces its pedigree.
A powerhouse bass with max versatility.
- Special-design Modern-Vintage select alder body
- Asymmetrical oval-shape maple neck with Posiflex graphite support rods
- 22 medium-jumbo frets
- 2 special-design Side By Side humbucking pickups
- Master volume and master tone (with push/pull mid-shaping
- 3-position pickup selector
- 2 mini-toggle coil-selector switches
- Fender 4-saddle locking convertible bridge
- Hipshot ultalite tuning machines
- Drop-D tuner on E string
- Special design 3-ply parchment pickguard
- Neck plate with Roscoe Beck signature
- Knurled chrome control knobs
Buy the Roscoe Beck IV and have a bass that will cover it all!
Roscoe Beck IV 4-String Bass
- 34" scale
- 1-1/2" neck width at the nut
- 22 frets
- Pickup switching:
- 3-Position Blade Pickup Selector Switch:
- Position 1. (Bridge Side), Bridge Pickup
- Position 2. (Middle), Bridge and Neck Pickups
- Position 3. (Neck Side), Neck Pickup
- 2-Mini-Toggle Coil Selector Switches.
- Mini-Toggle Switch 1:
- Position 1. (Bridge Side), Both Coils of Neck Pickup in Series Humbucking
- Position 2. (Middle), Front Coil of Neck Pickup
- Position 3. (Neck Side), Both Coils of Neck Pickup in Parallel Humbucking
- Mini-Toggle Switch 2:
- Position 1. (Bridge Side), Both Coils of Bridge Pickup in Series Humbucking
- Position 2. (Middle), Front Coil of Bridge Pickup
- Position 3. (Neck Side), Both Coils of Bridge Pickup in Parallel Humbucking
Reviewed by 5 customers
Displaying reviews 1-5
If I ever wanted to improve on a standard Fender J-Bass, I would swap in humbuckers with a single coil switch, a more hefty bridge, and an extra 2 frets. This bass has them all. I find myself drawn to this bass, and it's the one I keep coming back to.
If I could own only one bass, this would be it. I knew from the first 30 minutes of playing that I would buy this bass. The range of tonal possibilities with the twin humbuckers coupled with the push/pull mid-shaping switch, pickup selector, and coil splitters is remarkable and all in a passive electronics package. The setup and quality of this bass out of the case were the best I've seen. In over a year of playing I've not changed a thing! I play through an Ampeg SVT DI straight to the board or to my Ampeg B2RE powering a Dave Eden D410XLT Cab. I do not lack for power or punch with this bass. I can truly go from a P-Bass thump to an edgy growl with the flip of switch (or two). This instrument is worth the price.
I really like this bass. With all the modifications, it still feels like a Fender. The tonal possibilities are wide ranging, and best of all, it's passive. Push/pull tone pot allows for two distinct tone properties. I won't be parting with this one.
This bass is by far the best bass I've seen or played. I got one and have had it for about 8 months and the only thing I've had to do is change strings and that was becuse I wanted to. I know 8 months isn't long but so far there's been no sign that something will go wrong in the near or distant future. this bass turns heads everywhere because of the combo of looks and great sound. The look is awesome, especially the cut-away pickguard. The real thing that got me was its double coil jazz pickups. It has a very high output and a very great thumpy tone. This bass looks better in person and performs better than some of the ultra high quality Music Man basses. It's price is its only weak spot and it's still not bad for its all around quality, looks, features, and fact that it's a custom remake and there are very few. I say that if you can afford and like its looks, BUY IT!
Wow. Interesting twist on a J bass. Very comfortable. Fast becoming my four stringer of choice. More modern sound than traditional J basses. I am going to string it with flats to take off some of the edge, my preference. Excellent hardware and switching features. I prefer passive basses and this one fits the bill. Highly recommend for a lot of reasons.