- #H88852 000002001 H88852000002001
G&L Tribute SB2 Electric Bass Guitar
Bordeaux Red Rosewood Fretboard
- Write a Review
When Leo Fender launched the G&L SB-2 bass in 1982, he packed his latest innovations in pickup and bridge design into a straightforward, hard-wor...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A bass designed with yesterday's style and today's technology.
When Leo Fender launched the G&L SB-2 bass in 1982, he packed his latest innovations in pickup and bridge design into a straightforward, hard-working bass. If you prefer a less-is-more aesthetic but hunger for something meatier, the SB-2 is just the ticket.
The SB-2 starts with a familiar shape, though subtle modifications to its sculpting make it more sleek and balanced. Strap it on and it immediately feels at home, yet somehow more comfortable than you expected. The slim, C-shaped neck falls immediately to hand, checking in with a modern 12" radius and its 22 medium-jumbo nickel frets ready to deliver silky playability.
Once the SB-2 has nestled into your comfort zone, it's time to experience just how far Leo evolved the classic duo of split-coil and single coil pickups. You see, these Magnetic Field Design interpretations were created by Leo to give you more gusto without losing detail and finesse. A simple dual-volume control setup allows you to strike any balance between the two, even backing off both volumes to dial in a more vintage flavor. What's more, the SB-2 features an innovative Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument.
The Tribute Series SB-2 brings the magic of Leo's own reinterpretation of the P/J configuration, all at a price attainable for every working musician.
Various styles and colors available. Please see drop down menu to choose.
Case sold separately.
- 34" Scale
- Leo Fender-designed G&L MFD split-coil (neck) and single coil (bridge) pickups made in Fullerton, California
- Basswood body
- Hard-Rock Maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard
- Medium C shape neck profile
- 22 Medium jumbo frets, nickel
- Traditional open-back tuning keys
- Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock bridge
- Dual-volume controls
Once you play a G&L Tribute Series, you™ll never look back. Order today.
Tribute SB2 Electric Bass Guitar
- Neck width at nut: 1-1/2"
Neck radius: 12"
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Term for Used Gear begins on the expiration of the store return policy.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
- Rock Concerts
Comments about G&L Tribute SB2 Electric Bass Guitar:
Best bang for the buck. The fit and finish was flawless. A lot nicer than any MIM Fender. The single coil acts more like a tone control and this bass is best for those looking for a deep P bass sound. G&L is now my bass of choice. I now own 3, a US JB2, a tribute SB2 and M2000 and I don't plan on selling any of them. I'm now looking for a G&L US MJ4.