- H86456 000001000 H86456000001000
Gretsch Guitars G5442BDC Electromatic Short Scale Hollowbody Bass
- Write a Review
The G5442BDC Electromatic Hollowbody Short-Scale Bass is a stylishly seismic new Gretsch bass guitar with a comfortably short scale (30-1/4") and arm...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A classically styled double cutaway bass with a wide range of available tones and 2 beautiful finishes.
The G5442BDC Electromatic Hollowbody Short-Scale Bass is a stylishly seismic new Gretsch bass guitar with a comfortably short scale (30-1/4") and armed with two powerful new "Black Top" Filter'Tron bass pickups that endow it with an electrifying deep-end voice and identity.
Its double-cutaway hollow and bound body resonates with full bass tone and balance, and features sound-post bracing and elegant bound f holes. Other features include a maple neck, bound rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and hump-block pearloid inlays, three-position pickup switch, classic "G" arrow control knobs, rosewood-based four-saddle Adjusto-Matic bridge and "G"-cutout tailpiece.
Available in various colors. See drop-down to the right to choose. Case sold separately.
- 5-Ply maple body
- Double cutaway body
- Gloss urethane finish
- Sound post bracing
- 22 Medium jumbo frets
- Rosewood fretboard
- Maple neck
- "Black Top" Filter'Tron bridge and neck pickups
- 3-Position pickup switching blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master Tone controls
- Chrome-plated hardware
- Rosewood-based 4-saddle Adjusto-Matic bridge
- Enclosed precision tuners
- Hump-block fingerboard inlays
- Bound body top and back
- Bound sound holes and fingerboard
- Knurled strap retainer knobs
- Adjustable truss rod
A hollowbody bass perfect for any musical application. Check it out today!
G5442BDC Electromatic Short Scale Hollowbody Bass
- Body Depth: 2.25" (57 mm)
- Nut Width: 1.6" (40.6 mm)
- Scale Length: 30.25" (768.4 mm)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
Comments about Gretsch Guitars G5442BDC Electromatic Short Scale Hollowbody Bass:
I absolutely love this bass. I'm not a big guy and don't have very large hands as well as having fingers that have been weakened over the years from multiple broken bones which made my long scale bass very painful to play after a while. This short scale bass really makes it a dream to play again, has a fantastic tone, and is just awesome fun to play. I love those Black Top pickups too!