- J28489 000001000 J28489000001000
Guild Starfire Bass II
- Write a Review
The Guild Starfire Bass II is a dual-pickup semi-hollow bass guitar that brings additional sonic options to one of Guild' most iconic models. The Sta...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Brings Guild' vintage vibe to the modern bass player.
The Guild Starfire Bass II is a dual-pickup semi-hollow bass guitar that brings additional sonic options to one of Guild' most iconic models. The Starfire Bass II originally debuted in 1967, shortly after the single-pickup version, and quickly garnered a following that included Jack Casady (Jefferson Airplane) and Phil Lesh (Grateful Dead).
The addition of the BiSonic BS-1 neck pickup on the Starfire Bass II gives bassists a warmer, smooth sound for added tonal flexibility. This double cutaway bass guitar features an arched laminate mahogany top and back, and mahogany sides, dual Guild BS-1 pickups, individual volume, tone, and master volume knobs, and a pickup selector switch. A clear, high gloss finish highlights this bass guitar' natural beauty. Includes hardshell case.
BS-1 BiSonic pickup
The Guild BS-1 BiSonic pickup was originally found in many of the solid and hollow body Guild basses in the 1960s and 70s. The BS-1 has developed a cult following resulting in several reissue versions and designs, including the famous Darkstar by Fred Hammon and BS-DS by Curtis Novak. Wound to 6.4K Ohms, similar in specification to a Hammon Darkstar, the Guild BS-1 provides a refined modern tone in a classic package.
- Shape: Vintage soft U
- Wood: Mahogany with maple
- Neck joint: Set
- Scale length: 30.75"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Gloss
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Neck: BS-1 BiSonic
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: BS-1 BiSonic
- Brand: Guild
- Series or parallel: Series
- Active preamp: Not applicable
- Special electronics: Not applicable
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Narrow jumbo
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1.5" (38.1mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Semi-hollowbody
- Body wood: Laminated mahogany
- Top wood: Laminated mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-Way
- Coil tap or split: Not applicable
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: Not applicable
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Adjustable with rosewood saddles
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Open-geared
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: Korea
Enjoy this great-looking and sounding bass. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
- Solid Electronics
Comments about Guild Starfire Bass II:
Fit and finish on this instrument were excellent. I was a little nervous since i had ordered it online, but I had an opportunity to play a couple of these at Chicago Music Exchange. Love the tone and medium scale of this guy and it's been a blast to play. Especially with flat wounds.