- Write a Review
Classic Hofner looks and sound for the die-hard Beatle fan.
The Hofner Limited Edition 1962 Ed Sullivan Show Electric Violin bass is based off of the legendary performance of The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show. That performance inspired so many musicians to pick up an instrument which is why Hofner decided to pay homage with this limited edition tribute.
It's based on the original 1962 Hofner model with a few special exceptions like gold hardware, an Ed Sullivan Show logo on the pickguard and on back of the headstock, and it's limited to a hand-numbered run of 64 instruments. You also get a signed copy of Andy Babiuk's Beatles Gear Book.
Includes hardshell case and Hofner leather strap.
- Gold hardware
- Hand-numbered run of 64 instruments
- Ed Sullivan Show logo on pickguard and back of headstock
- Spruce top
- Flame maple back and sides
- Black/white/black top and back binding with white side binding
- Flame maple neck
- Two-piece construction
- Hofner Violin Bass headstock
- Violin Bass set neck
- Joint at 16th fret
- White pearl heel cap
- Rosewood fretboard
- Pearl dot inlays
- 22 Frets
- Ebony bridge
- Sunburst finish
- Plastic tuner buttons
- Hofner trapeze nickel tailpiece
- Plastic nut
- White pearl pickguard
- Hofner Staple Gold neck and bridge pickups
- Gold top potentiometer knobs
- Hofner Pearl Panel electronics
- Includes hardshell case and Hofner leather strap
Pick one up before they're all gone!
Limited Edition 1962 Ed Sullivan Show Electric Bass
- Thickness Neck + FB At 1st Fret: 21mm
Thickness Neck + FB At 12th Fret: 24mm
Scale: 30" / 76cm
Nut Width: 42mm
Width At 12th Fret: 48mm
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
- Solid Electronics
- Rock Concerts
Comments about Hofner Limited Edition 1962 Ed Sullivan Show Electric Bass:
Thank you Musicians friend for making this One Sweet Dream Come True!!!
Only 64 of these Collectors edition limited hofners were made in Germany. I pre ordered this in January 2014 and the Certificate of Authenticity was hand Signed and Dated in Feb 2014 which means this baby was shipped out from Germany in Feb 2014. The shipping and packaging was SUPER !!. Double boxed with layers of foam in the boxes. The set up strings and action and electronics all PERFECT. I can't thank musicians friend enough. I plugged it in the amp and kicked off with early Beatle tunes and it sounds the exact same hollow body sound that we absolutely love. It stays in tune and no fret buzzes at all. Overall a quality product