- Write a Review
A special design inspired by the legend himself, Paul McCartney.
The Hofner 500/1 violin bass was designed by Walter Hofner and launched at the Frankfurt Music Messe in 1956. It has since gone on to become one of the most recognizable electric bass guitars in the music world in terms of both looks and sound.
This special version was inspired by a bass made in August 1963 for Paul McCartney. It has a fully hollow body and original Hofner slim neck profile for added sustain and playability.
Includes a Hofner Vintage strap and Hofner case.
Body Shape: Violin Bass
Wood Top: Spruce
Wood Back: Flame Maple
Wood Sides: Flame Maple
Binding Top: Black / White / Black
Binding Back: Black / White / Black
Binding Sides: White
Neck Wood: Flame Maple
Construction: Two Piece
Headstock Shape: Hofner Violin Bass
Logo and Artwork: Script
Neck Joint: Violin Bass Set Neck, Joint At 16th Fret
Thickness Neck + FB At 1st: Fret 21mm
Thickness Neck + FB At 12th: Fret 24mm
Heel Cap: White Pearl
Fingerboard Wood: Rosewood
Scale: 30" / 76cm
Nut Width: 42mm
Width At 12th Fret: 48mm
Inlays: Pearl Dots
Number Of Frets: 22
Bridge Material: Ebony
Type: Hofner Fretted
Finish Top: Sunburst
Tuners: Strip Nickel
Tuner Buttons: Plastic
Tailpiece: Hofner Trapeze Nickel
Nut Material: Plastic
Pickguard: White Pearl
Pickup Neck: Hofner Staple Nickel
Pickup Bridge: Hofner Staple Nickel
Potentiometer Knobs: Gold top
Electrics: Hofner Pearl Panel
Strings: Hofner Flat Wound
Get yours today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.